VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back At Amc !

Rate this question

gp747

Question

ok i have been confiding in some of the members about my claim by pm . i am going to let the cat out of the bag.

for those who remember and those who do not know the particulars of my case. i got

30% bipolar in sept 08. i filed for an increase pretty soon after with some secondary claims as gerd and a couple more.

next thing i know i get a letter scheduling me for a c and p exam psychology,so i went to it. i do not know how it turned out. i thought i was at ro for all this and would be decided at ro. i noticed on letter said washington did not have much time and be sure to attend c and p.

so i e-mailed my vso "this is how we communicate as i cannot hear" to check on my claim. she said she could not help me as my claim was in washington and they have my files at appeals management.

so what i am surmising is when i won my 30% it said i could present more evidence

if i thought rating was incorrect,that is what is happening.

however he did not want evidence from years ago just to last may. when i won my 30% they went back to 2001.

so what i am surmising again is sounds like i am fixing to get beat out of a lot of back pay .

i won my 30% at appeals management,but it took a long time ,and i had to call a senator to get them to going,i feel i may have another long wait.

thanx rental , and all who have been confiding by pm to help me.

what i am wondering also is if i have to wait longer than the year to file a nod if i can still nod this in case i do not get the increase?

Edited by skunk

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

well got to get the letter first,but if they have moved that fast i will compliment the

hell out of them. they already were familiar with my claim . however i don't think

i am going to get the back pay the same if i had nodded. a nod would probably take forever and i just want to get it over with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey, Skunk.

It took them over three years to finally get me scheduled for a C&P (a C&P that I thought went very badly for me, but turns out it didn't but instead went very well for me). Two weeks later I found out that I had won. This was through the AMC, also. Then, of course, they had to send it back to the Regional Office for the actual rating and the "post-mortem" to make sure that they didn't mess up and "give" me too much. It took a little while for all that to happen (I can't remember details today, but, heck, it's taken me thirty minutes to type this and get the spelling worked out, so miracles DO happen).

I'd say good for you!

Keep Hangin in!

Hey, Skunk.

It took them over three years to finally get me scheduled for a C&P (a C&P that I thought went very badly for me, but turns out it didn't but instead went very well for me). Two weeks later I found out that I had won. This was through the AMC, also. Then, of course, they had to send it back to the Regional Office for the actual rating and the "post-mortem" to make sure that they didn't mess up and "give" me too much. It took a little while for all that to happen (I can't remember details today, but, heck, it's taken me thirty minutes to type this and get the spelling worked out, so miracles DO happen).

I'd say good for you!

Keep Hangin in!

larry do you think my claim will be sent back to ro for actual rating?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, Skunk. I think that's what happened to my first claim (that was a couple years ago and things aren't quite clear....but I know that it went to the BVA then the AMC then the RO and then ME) but then, that's what happened to MY claim and yours could be treated differently. Everytime I stick my neck out and make a statement like "the VA does it thisaway" then they DON'T........I don't THINK that THEY know what they're gonna do next.

:unsure:

Yeah, Skunk. I think that's what happened to my first claim (that was a couple years ago and things aren't quite clear....but I know that it went to the BVA then the AMC then the RO and then ME) but then, that's what happened to MY claim and yours could be treated differently. Everytime I stick my neck out and make a statement like "the VA does it thisaway" then they DON'T........I don't THINK that THEY know what they're gonna do next.

:unsure:

i know exactly where you are coming from ,thanx larry.