VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recieved A Call From Finance Officer.

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not sure where to post this. My financial advisor called me and said for me to go down and do a "means test", which I did. She said to call her after I've done this. I will call tommorrow. The reason she was calling, is that I filed for hardship and that was the reason for the "means test". I hope it goes through, I noticed they credited my last 3mos. of co-pays. This will definitely help out the finances around 100 a mos, depending. At least its something to look forward too. I should find out more when I talk to the finance people. Soon as I here something I will post it.

T&B

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Tag

I am just guessing because I don't know why you would need to do a needs test if you are service connected. Needs tests are for poor vets who are trying to get medical care without paying co-pays or for those getting NSC pensions or who are trying to beat debts owed to the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, thats me, a poor vet trying to get out of paying his co-pays. Even though my wife is doing fairly well. I still lost a signifacant amount of income last year and have a lot of debt. Living on SSDI isn't living high, off the fat of the land. Just trying to get some financial assitance in the fourth quarter here, never ask for nothing from anybody, until three years ago. I will take what scraps they throw on the ground, beggars can't be choosey. If they throw some crumbs my way I'll let you know.

Thanks Pete.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, Carlie I applied for the waiver and hardship, it is sort of grouped together. They look at your job/income loss and your debt payments. How they go about determining what they will do is kind of convoluted. I did not think I would even think I had a chance of getting anything out of this, because my wife makes decent money. So, if I get out of paying co-pays and that sums it up, I'll take it. They really wanted to know about medical expenses, which for me came to about 8'000 dolars thats including a heavy dental surgery payments. I'll post anything of interest that may help other vets, once I talk to finance.