VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed For An Increase

Rate this question

Fletch

Question

October 08', I filed for an increase. The VA sent me to my local VA doctor and he put me through some tests. ROM was included. He also measured my legs again. I developed Sacroiliac Dysfunction while on active duty. My left leg was 1/2 inch shorter than my right. Currently, My left leg is a full inch shorter. I've just been diagnosed with IDD. (Internal Disc Disruption in the L4,L5 in my back) This is the reason that my left leg gives out and I fall. My neurosurgeon says that it's probable that the IDD stemmed from my Sacroiliac problem. I'm currently rated at 30% for this. Does me developing IDD warrant an increase? My surgeon has me going to physical therapy 3 times a week to build up the muscles in my back before surgery. I cant even walk a half mile before the pain is too intense or I collapse.

Question 2...I also asked for an increase for my migraines. Currently rated at 10%. My doctor wrote a letter for me, but called them tension headaches. I confronted her with this and she said that tension and migraine headaches are just about the same thing. Is this going to fly?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Fletch

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

October 08', I filed for an increase. The VA sent me to my local VA doctor and he put me through some tests. ROM was included. He also measured my legs again. I developed Sacroiliac Dysfunction while on active duty. My left leg was 1/2 inch shorter than my right. Currently, My left leg is a full inch shorter. I've just been diagnosed with IDD. (Internal Disc Disruption in the L4,L5 in my back) This is the reason that my left leg gives out and I fall. My neurosurgeon says that it's probable that the IDD stemmed from my Sacroiliac problem. I'm currently rated at 30% for this. Does me developing IDD warrant an increase? My surgeon has me going to physical therapy 3 times a week to build up the muscles in my back before surgery. I cant even walk a half mile before the pain is too intense or I collapse.

See if your neurosurgeon will put it in writing.

It is my medical opinion that the veteran's secondary condition of XXX is at least as likely as not the result of his service connected XXX.

Question 2...I also asked for an increase for my migraines. Currently rated at 10%. My doctor wrote a letter for me, but called them tension headaches. I confronted her with this and she said that tension and migraine headaches are just about the same thing. Is this going to fly?

Are your headaches rated under Diagnostic Code 8100 ?

If so, do you have medical evidence of them being prostating, meaning

you have to lay down, dark room any nausea and the frequency of the headaches.

It is good to keep a headache calander or journal.

Here's a link to DC 8100.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2008/jul...38cfr4.124a.htm

Miscellaneous Diseases

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rating

------------------------------------------------------------------------

8100 Migraine:

With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged 50

attacks productive of severe economic inadaptability.........

With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an 30

average once a month over last several months................

With characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in 2 10

months over last several months..............................

With less frequent attacks.................................... 0

jmho,

Hope this helps a veteran.

carlie

Yes, they are under code 8100. Thanks for the quick reply. I've missed 3 weeks of work last year dealing with these stupid headaches. This is totally verifiable through my employer. My doctor has me on Fiorcet. It seems to work some times but not others. They do knock me down when they occur. The frequency is 4 or 5 times monthly. Some more severe than others. In the letter that my doctor gave me to give to the VA states that they can call her any time to talk to her and she said taht if they do, she will talk to them. She still says that these headaches are tension. She also stands on tension and migraine are generally the same thing and that it's all doctors opinion. Is this true?