VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue And Heart Disease

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a letter from the VA today. As I suspected the VA denied my CUE for an earlier effective date for TDIU back to 1971 based on a diagnosis of service connected schizophrenia. They said the reason I was unemployable was due to a passive aggressive presonality disorder. They turned my doctor's medical report on its head, and ignored the diagnosis of chronic schizophrenia, and somehow got a personality disorder out of that. They even ignored their own doctor's diagnosis of residual schizophrenia. They left my TDIU date as August 30, 2001 for the same condition (residual schizophrenia) they said I had in 1971. I guess schizoprenia morphed into a PD when money was on the line. The surprise was they rated my so-called heart disease at 60% up from 0%. So now according to my math I have a rating of 92%. I was already 80% and an extra 60% only gets me to 92%. I will definitely take this to the BVA if my lawyer is willing to go the distance. The rater made a medical decision to override my doctor' diagnosis and say it was a PD that made me unemployable rather than schizophrenia. The funny thing is the SSOC states the symptoms I am suffering from including paranoia, anxiety, depression, depersonalization (a symptom of dissociative disorder) and then says only 10%. These are not symptoms of a PD. I knew no DRO had the guts to approve a retro rating back to 1971 that would have cost them over a 100,000 bucks easy. However, with a heart condition now rated at 60% I think I should apply for HB. I am at death's door according to the VA. They got nothing right in this decision.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

Ha, ha, you got that right. The VA is so dumb then sent me the SSOC before the rating decision letter. Isn't that assbackwards? I talked to the lawyer's office and they are supposed to get back to me. I will appeal it with or without the lawyer. My ratings are 70%,60%, 10%,10%,10%, 10% and 10%. According to the way I understand VA math it still does not reach 100%.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is non-adversarial. Keep repeating that until you pass out. They would never cheat a vet out of compensation! You put evidence in one end of the VA meatgrinder and you get something very different at the other end. Raters making medical inferrences and making their own diagnosis. It is all about the money, and how not to pay it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am looking at my denial of a CUE and I see that they reweighed the evidence without ever calling a CUE. How could they go back 35 years and reweigh the evidence if there was no CUE? I thought they first had to call a CUE and then reweigh the evidence. They said no CUE and the proceded to reweigh and reargue the original decision. Why did they do that? This decision of mine does not make sense. They just included my evidence they ignored the first time and said no CUE when they reweighed all of the evidence (and some they made up). I did not think it was supposed to go like that. I get the impression they had no idea what they were doing but knew enough to deny it.

The VA is non-adversarial. Keep repeating that until you pass out. They would never cheat a vet out of compensation! You put evidence in one end of the VA meatgrinder and you get something very different at the other end. Raters making medical inferrences and making their own diagnosis. It is all about the money, and how not to pay it.

Boy, aint that the truth. They'll put words in your mouth when its on paper too or if its to good they'll just edit it out....I had a rator make it up as they went like that and contradicted him self in one paragraph. My denial was so bad the DRO hearing officer didn't even want to talk about it... IT HAS GOT TO BE in the training....