VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Total And Permanent

Rate this question

Alb

Question

Back in Oct 2008 received 100% for PTSD. They did not make it permanent because they wanted to see me in more therapy and in house treatment program (MST). I have gone to group therapy since Oct. May question is should I appeal for T&P or just wait til Oct 2010 when they have me scheduled for a second C&P?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

your best bet is to stay in treatment and get your shrink to write in the notes that your PTSD makes you permanently and totally unemployable my shrink did it 2 years in a row and they finally gave up and gave me 100% P&T I never had to do the inhouse program because the dorm refused to accept me on the grounds I was to sick to live there, it was to far for me to walk to the mess hall with my walker and I take too many narcotics first time I was ever told I was to sick to be in a hospital lol

• HadIt.com Elder

You can ask them to consider it at any time. I suggest that you have some kind of opinion from a Doc that says you will never be able to work.

Good Luck

Thank you for your answers, I just hate the thought of going through another C&P. The last one put me in the psych. Ward. Too much stress and panic attacks will being interviewed. I wanted to hurt myself to make the pain go away!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Since you were denied Chapter 35 benefits you can appeal that issue which will get you to P&T. Like Pete says get a letter from a doctor saying you are P&T. That will make your P&T retro to the original 100% decision. Or you can wait a few years and ask for P&T like TestVet says. I hate to wait on these bastards so I would appeal it which is what I did. They should have considered you for housebound as well.