VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Is Stalling

Rate this question

simple fly

Question

been waiting more than you can imagine on any word on my ptsd claim.i have buddy letters,newspaper articles, and even pictures showing a youthful me standing next to my stressor{plane crash}i was on body recovery. the va is saying that my mos,which was crew chief did not put me into that detail of recovering bodies,however,i have a statement from my nco dispatching me out to the crash site and commending me for staying there for 3 days picking up bodies.

i have records of many years therapy, statements from my docs stating that my ptsd is more than likely attributed to what i experienced ,yet they want proof that my duties included this. nowhere does it say on my career brief that you will be picking up bodies..what do they want????

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Another little tidbit of information the VA should know when it comes to military personnel...there is this thing called "all other duties as assigned". All of us here know what that means--you do whatever the hell you are told to do; doesn't matter if it's in your job description or not.

Hell, as an admin-type I've been on the flightline more times that I can count doing FOD walks, helping the maintainers, I even helped put in an C-130 window once!!

But....any VA person with more than one brain cell should know this. I guess those types of VA ppl are few and far between.

Just might be something to add though....about additional duties.

ok,after re-reading this letter several times,it states"we can not find a nexus connecting you to a crash and recovery team during this time period" wouldn't the fact that i was a 43151c assigned to the unit be presumptive enough? i was on duty at the time,watched the plane crash,and was first on scene.even though our general spoke for the base,we were the ones there...the little guys,so our names were not on the news release.

my buddy letter was from a tech sarge assigned to job control.he swore in a notorized letter that he dispatched our team to the crash site......

do i need to resubmit all these letters or what?

Another little tidbit of information the VA should know when it comes to military personnel...there is this thing called "all other duties as assigned". All of us here know what that means--you do whatever the hell you are told to do; doesn't matter if it's in your job description or not.

Hell, as an admin-type I've been on the flightline more times that I can count doing FOD walks, helping the maintainers, I even helped put in an C-130 window once!!

But....any VA person with more than one brain cell should know this. I guess those types of VA ppl are few and far between.

Just might be something to add though....about additional duties.

I agree... and don't forget the "hey you" duties also, which were and still are the same.

If you held the mos at the time, was stationed at the air base on the day of the incident (verified by orders), have the photo showing you at the crash site and the letter stating that you were dispatched then I would prepare a final statement in support of the case in summary form and refocus their efforts.

Present it in argument form to the reason for denial you spoke of.

thanks everyone. i have printed a job series description and made more copies of the letter,news article and accident investigation photo with my picture back to the va. i highlighted the paragraph that states my duties were "crash and recovery"