VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Is Stalling

Rate this question

simple fly

Question

been waiting more than you can imagine on any word on my ptsd claim.i have buddy letters,newspaper articles, and even pictures showing a youthful me standing next to my stressor{plane crash}i was on body recovery. the va is saying that my mos,which was crew chief did not put me into that detail of recovering bodies,however,i have a statement from my nco dispatching me out to the crash site and commending me for staying there for 3 days picking up bodies.

i have records of many years therapy, statements from my docs stating that my ptsd is more than likely attributed to what i experienced ,yet they want proof that my duties included this. nowhere does it say on my career brief that you will be picking up bodies..what do they want????

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Simple Fly

You said the VA "could not find a nexus between..." That means very little the VA "cant find" something! I think they couldnt find their way out of a wet paper bag over their head. The VA "couldnt find" 700 Veterans critical claim documents and then "found" them.

Saying they "cant find" something does not mean the same as it does not exist. It could well mean that is was shredded, mishandled, lost, or simply buried in a stack of papers!

I may humblley suggest you "help them find" this nexus. In your NOD (or in a statement in support of claim) tell them you "found" it for them, then enclose the document you think contains the nexus, and yellow highlight YOUR nexus and ask them to review you decision now that they found the nexus!

Of course, you can also file a "special claims handling" request if you think that pertinent evidence was shredded or mishandled.

Simple Fly

You said the VA "could not find a nexus between..." That means very little the VA "cant find" something! I think they couldnt find their way out of a wet paper bag over their head. The VA "couldnt find" 700 Veterans critical claim documents and then "found" them.

Saying they "cant find" something does not mean the same as it does not exist. It could well mean that is was shredded, mishandled, lost, or simply buried in a stack of papers!

I may humblley suggest you "help them find" this nexus. In your NOD (or in a statement in support of claim) tell them you "found" it for them, then enclose the document you think contains the nexus, and yellow highlight YOUR nexus and ask them to review you decision now that they found the nexus!

Of course, you can also file a "special claims handling" request if you think that pertinent evidence was shredded or mishandled.

i did that this morning,just as you advised.

Re -submit and highlight anything at all that you sent to them but that they ignored.

The Co's buddy statement alone should have been sufficient for them.

Decisions like this just make me sick-

they probably didnt come up with some other etiology for your PTSD- so what is their problem?

And it might not hurt to be a little detailed in explaining just what rescue and recovery meant to this valid stressful inservice experience you had.