VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Is Smc Add To You Compensation ?

Rate this topic

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I have SMC and it added a little over 300 bucks to my check.

Even more important I think that the VA is more helpful to me now that I have it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, Pete, but I'm with Jimenez here. What exactly IS Special Monthly Compensation?

Seriously, of all the reading, etc., that I have done, I've yet to have explained to me what SMC really is.

How do you get it? What are the requirements? What different "levels" (I do know that there exists different "levels")?

Is there somewhere where this SMC is explained in language that "dull" people can understand?

SMC is paid in place of the monthly compensation, except the K awards. It (K)(up to 3)is/are added to any award from 0% to 100% and other SMC's from L to N 1/2 (which includes S, but NOT O or the R1 and R2). The P's are simply used as a function to other SMC's.

SMC is paid in place of the monthly compensation, except the K awards. It (K)(up to 3)is/are added to any award from 0% to 100% and other SMC's from L to N 1/2 (which includes S, but NOT O or the R1 and R2). The P's are simply used as a function to other SMC's.

You still did not explain what is compensated just a bunch of K's L' R's. Maybe someone has

a disease or missing limb and it is covered under the SMC????????????

Don't know how much this will help....I had an ovary and fallopian tube removed while on active duty....in "VA-speak" that equates to "loss of a creative organ" and therefore I had an SMC added to my compensation. I didn't even ask for it as I didn't know I could get it. I think it's about $90/month.

Just my example...