VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do U Make Of This

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

my vso just inform me that they withdraw there poa for me and i have a hearing with dro tommrow. wow see my belief is that they are mad that i do me own paper work and smit to ro my self i work in 94 with them doin my paper work got 10% 87.00 i did my own paper work and 100% thank to hadit. now i am worry he use to tell me dont do the cue va dont like to be show ther wrong i did it because that were wrong.my feeling is there going to play with my rating now because i cue decision back than.and i want to no how do u report these vso i have so story to tell. and the killer part he right there in the ro so he no what going to happen why would he withdraw a day before my hearing. i did try to change but was told by one vso i dont do those tpye of claims.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

yulooking, I'm not suggesting that you don't use aVSO, I'm just saying that it did'nt work out for me. I don't really know where you can report their misconduct or even if you did would it do anygood other than making you feel better. But.....making ones self feel better is what this is all about. I hope the best for you and wish I could be of more help. Maybe get in touch with the BBB better Bussiness Buereau. LOL

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that if you have the time and energy you can learn to be your own VSO on Hadit. Even when you are your own VSO you would be a fool not to have a paper VSO at least cause they have access and you don't.

I use the Texas Veterans Commission as my Agent in Waco.

no i am no say in dont use vso but alot of them seem to be agaisnt the vet i have to many stories when i reopen my case an was 10%due va cue i when looking one told me he was not put a claim for iu for me because i look as if i could work well i didnt choose him did my own paper work and now 100% i could be crazy but is the va paying these vso or who is. look my hearing at 1pm and i am up just cant sleep

If you look at the bottom of the 21-22 you will see the following statement:

"I, the claimant named in Items 1 or 7, hereby appoint the service organization named in Item 3 as my representative to prepare, present

and prosecute my claim for any and all benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs based on the service of the

veteran named in Item 1. I authorize the Department of Veterans Affairs to release any and all of my records (other than as provided

in Items 13 and 14) to that service organization appointed as my representative. It is understood that no fee or compensation of

whatsoever nature will be charged me for service rendered pursuant to this power of attorney. I understand that the service

organization I have appointed as my representative may revoke this power of attorney at any time, subject to

38 C.F.R. 20.608. Signed and accepted subject to the foregoing conditions."

According to 38 CFR Part 20 Rule 20 Here is the regulation on that..........

Title 38: Pensions, Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief

PART 20—BOARD OF VETERANS' APPEALS: RULES OF PRACTICE

Subpart G—Representation

Browse Previous | Browse Next

§ 20.608 Rule 608. Withdrawal of services by a representative.

(a) Withdrawal of services prior to certification of an appeal. A representative may withdraw services as representative in an appeal at any time prior to certification of the appeal to the Board of Veterans' Appeals by the agency of original jurisdiction by complying with the requirements of §14.631 of this chapter.

(;) Withdrawal of services after certification of an appeal —(1) Applicability. The restrictions on a representative's right to withdraw contained in this paragraph apply only to those cases in which the representative has previously agreed to act as representative in an appeal. In addition to express agreement, orally or in writing, such agreement shall be presumed if the representative makes an appearance in the case by acting on an appellant's behalf before the Board in any way after the appellant has designated the representative as such as provided in §§20.602 through 20.605 of this part. The preceding sentence notwithstanding, an appearance in an appeal solely to notify the Board that a designation of representation has not been accepted will not be presumed to constitute such consent.

(2) Procedures. After the agency of original jurisdiction has certified an appeal to the Board of Veterans' Appeals, a representative may not withdraw services as representative in the appeal unless good cause is shown on motion. Good cause for such purposes is the extended illness or incapacitation of an agent admitted to practice before the Department of Veterans Affairs, an attorney-at-law, or other individual representative; failure of the appellant to cooperate with proper preparation and presentation of the appeal; or other factors which make the continuation of representation impossible, impractical, or unethical. Such motions must be in writing and must include the name of the veteran, the name of the claimant or appellant if other than the veteran (e.g., a veteran's survivor, a guardian, or a fiduciary appointed to receive VA benefits on an individual's behalf), the applicable Department of Veterans Affairs file number, and the reason why withdrawal should be permitted, and a signed statement certifying that a copy of the motion was sent by first-class mail, postage prepaid, to the appellant, setting forth the address to which the copy was mailed. Such motions should not contain information which would violate privileged communications or which would otherwise be unethical to reveal. Such motions must be filed at the following address: Office of the Senior Deputy Vice Chairman (012), Board of Veterans' Appeals, 810 Vermont Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20420. The appellant may file a response to the motion with the Board at the same address not later than 30 days following receipt of the copy of the motion and must include a signed statement certifying that a copy of the response was sent by first-class mail, postage prepaid, to the representative, setting forth the address to which the copy was mailed.

(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 5901–5904, 7105(a))

(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2900–0085)

Short version:

VSO's can revoke for Good Cause....which is here

"Good cause for such purposes is the extended illness or incapacitation of an agent admitted to practice before the Department of Veterans Affairs, an attorney-at-law, or other individual representative; failure of the appellant to cooperate with proper preparation and presentation of the appeal; or other factors which make the continuation of representation impossible, impractical, or unethical."

Any Service Organization can revoke a POA for things that fall within these realms. Also a POA will be revoked when you change from one service organization representative to another.......and the VA does that and that has nothing to do with your previous Service Organization...the VA only enters one service organization at a time.....

Does this help????

VA_Form_21_22.pdf