VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got The Blue Letter Before I Got The Award Letter!

Rate this topic

rjimenez

Here is what it said. Entitlemen toidividual unemplyabilty is Granted effective January 13,2007.

Basic eligibilty to Dependents educational assistance is established from January 13 2007

Am I P&T? In the letter it also said "Social Securty has found you to be 100% disabled due to right knee patella chondromalacia which is also a disability which is service connected". Can I know apply for 100% for my Knee? Here is how I am rated 5237 40% lumbosacral or Cervical Strain 5201 30% limitation of motion of the arm 5271 20% limitation of motion of the ankle 5271 20% limitation of motion of the ankle 5010 20% traumatic arthritis 5260 limitation of flexion, knee and 10% right knee laxity,s.p. lateral patellar release. Should I apply for SMC also?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats - Sounds like P&T ~ ~ ! Not sure about 100% for your knee. Sorry that your injuries are such, but am glad that you are getting whats due. Just warms my heart over and over! B)

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009!

Here is what it said. Entitlemen toidividual unemplyabilty is Granted effective January 13,2007.

Basic eligibilty to Dependents educational assistance is established from January 13 2007

Am I P&T? In the letter it also said "Social Securty has found you to be 100% disabled due to right knee patella chondromalacia which is also a disability which is service connected". Can I know apply for 100% for my Knee? Here is how I am rated 5237 40% lumbosacral or Cervical Strain 5201 30% limitation of motion of the arm 5271 20% limitation of motion of the ankle 5271 20% limitation of motion of the ankle 5010 20% traumatic arthritis 5260 limitation of flexion, knee and 10% right knee laxity,s.p. lateral patellar release. Should I apply for SMC also?

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations.

• HadIt.com Elder

You ARE now considered 100%, Permanently and Totally, disabled.

You will be getting the retroactive 100% payment dating back to Feb. 2007. If my calculation is correct, 36 months of retroactive payments. Now, I don't know what you were receiving prior to this letter/award.....but you'll be getting the difference in what you were receiving and what you WILL be receiving.

You will also now be eligible for the life insurance, the educational benefits for your family, the CHAMPVA healthcare insurance for your family.

And, don't forget, the benefits that your state has to offer 100% disabled vets (things like fishing/hunting licenses, drivers licenses, special license plates, tax breaks on your real estate, etc., it varys from state to state).

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use