VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suicidal Behaviour Caused By Antidepressants 'cannot Be Ruled Out'

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

For a long time people have blamed meds for suicide and the real truth is that the VA used to put you in the hospital when they put a patient on anti depressants and watched them. The fact is people get so depressed that they don't have the energy to kill themselves and when the meds kick in and they feel btter they go ahead with their pan. Its a very dicey situation and someone who is starting anti depressants needs to be carefully monitored.

The VA does not do it anymore.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the term "Big Pharma Kickbacks" ring a bell??? I'm sure it's alive and well in the VA also.

Just my opinion though......

Yep, it wouldn't surprise me. That said i think it's also part of the big plan to get you hooked, dependant of them for those "meds" that you "need". Doesn't have to be addictive per se' it just hard to turn down getting your meds automatically mailed to you when the time is right. i've watched many-a vets, including myself, who knows the day that the mailman will bring you your fix. And if you have to pay for the meds they are only $8.00 and they'll bill you. This is "better" than the private sector that doesn't have that feature in their med plans. 

So those kick backs keep the wheels greased but it's the driving force that give's it momentum.

And i hope this doesn't offend anyone but the sense of entiltement also fuels the fire because everyone wants everything that they were promised. If you are deprived your disability then you might as well get what you can. If that drugs, give them to me. If it means free or low cost health care you'll drive " a few extra miles " and " wait a few extra hours to see a doctor and get an MRI, xray, or pipe up your butt, heck, you're entitled to it why not take it?

Like many Vet's i'm hooked and now affraid that i'll never be able to afford private care ever again. In the end i have to stay with the abuser because i can see no other choice. Hooked.

Does the term "Big Pharma Kickbacks" ring a bell??? I'm sure it's alive and well in the VA also.

Just my opinion though......

Yep, it wouldn't surprise me. That said i think it's also part of the big plan to get you hooked, dependant of them for those "meds" that you "need". Doesn't have to be addictive per se' it just hard to turn down getting your meds automatically mailed to you when the time is right. i've watched many-a vets, including myself, who knows the day that the mailman will bring you your fix. And if you have to pay for the meds they are only $8.00 and they'll bill you. This is "better" than the private sector that doesn't have that feature in their med plans. 

So those kick backs keep the wheels greased but it's the driving force that give's it momentum.

And i hope this doesn't offend anyone but the sense of entiltement also fuels the fire because everyone wants everything that they were promised. If you are deprived your disability then you might as well get what you can. If that drugs, give them to me. If it means free or low cost health care you'll drive " a few extra miles " and " wait a few extra hours to see a doctor and get an MRI, xray, or pipe up your butt, heck, you're entitled to it why not take it?

Like many Vet's i'm hooked and now affraid that i'll never be able to afford private care ever again. In the end i have to stay with the abuser because i can see no other choice. Hooked.

• HadIt.com Elder

I avoid the VA, like the plague. However, I can't help but believe that things will get better in the future. The secret is to keep breathing.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

I avoid the VA, like the plague. However, I can't help but believe that things will get better in the future. The secret is to keep breathing

CAUTION!!! SENSITIVE INFORMATION!!!

Things will get better when we unite to fight the system as a group.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/F6C69935746...r-veteran-.aspx

http://www.livevideo.com/video/F7DF4792E35...-administr.aspx

http://www.livevideo.com/video/AE6D0AAA230...ching-home.aspx

Edited by Steppenwolf

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the news links, Steppenwolf.

deja vu

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93