VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question For Women

Rate this topic

I don't know why that do such things on a Friday. Grab yourself a good book and keep yourself occupied until Monday. Then give them hell. Talk to the patient advocate.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple,

What has been the outcome on this? Here again, we have a great Women's Clinic where I'm at. I am seen by a GYN "doctor" who also performed my hyster in 07.

The one thing I can't imagine doing is waiting for 3 months on a note like that. Even if I had to pay for it, I think I would find a local GYN doc to perform another PAP. That is not good business. Tell you something like that and then say but don't worry about it. That's crazy.

• HadIt.com Elder

Purple,

First, I would not wait the the three months to find an answer.

What about your local health department.

Most states and even the smallest of town usually have these.

Betty

I was able to speak to the doctor who works at the women's clinic at the Dayton VA--she is NOT a gyn-doc--I've asked what type of doc she is from the women's coordinator there, so far, no answer :rolleyes: .

Anyway...she told me that indeed my pap was "abnormal" with some "abnormal cells" due to "inflammation". She said that they ruled out cancer and anything serious. I asked how can they do this just on a pap test...she said that the lab can do that now. (somehow I don't believe her).

I asked her what would be the cause of this "inflammation" and "abnormal cells" and she actually said that she "didn't know"!!!! WTF!!!! And once again said I would be scheduled for a repeat test later next month.

I've repeated my demand for fee-based Gyn care, but so far it's been ignored. ;) :huh: ;) B)

Actually, I just checked my e-mail...the women's coordinator at Dayton has told me the next step would be to refer me to the Gyn clinic at Wright-Patt AFB. So, I e-mailed her back and asked how soon that would happen.

Edited by purple

• HadIt.com Elder

I know I have different equipment, but my wife has the same equipment package as you. She has had a handful of abnormal paps over the last 16 years. All except once, the retests showed the abnormal to be a false positive. The one time that it wasn't a false positive, it turned out to be pre-cancerous cells. She had a LEEP procedures and had all of the cells removed. Basically, I am saying that false positives happen, so try not to loose any sleep over it. I would definitely try to get the VA to step up the recheck, but try not to worry too much.