VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question For Women

Rate this topic

I called the base....twice....finally have an appt for the 9th.

Then we got into the ID card discussion. This lady must have thought I was stupid. I really hate my intelligence being questioned. She asked if I had access to the base. I said yes. She then said "Oh, I don't mean a VA ID card, you have to have a base ID Card". I told her that I do have a regular ID card. She said "Now, are you sure it's the brown one and not the VA-issued one?"

At this point, I was ready to reach through the phone and choke her.

But I didn't.

I told her...Yes, I have a base-issued ID card and I come on the base all the time.

:D :lol::lol: B)

She just doesn't realize that my anger is at the boiling over point.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

purple,

It sounds like she was just trying to do her job as I'm sure

many people don't know or understand that there is a difference.

I think explaining it in elementary form may save some people a trip there

that they may not meet the requirements for yet.

Try to relax some if you can make time to.

jmho,

carlie

I called the base....twice....finally have an appt for the 9th.

Then we got into the ID card discussion. This lady must have thought I was stupid. I really hate my intelligence being questioned. She asked if I had access to the base. I said yes. She then said "Oh, I don't mean a VA ID card, you have to have a base ID Card". I told her that I do have a regular ID card. She said "Now, are you sure it's the brown one and not the VA-issued one?"

At this point, I was ready to reach through the phone and choke her.

But I didn't.

I told her...Yes, I have a base-issued ID card and I come on the base all the time.

:D :lol::lol: B)

She just doesn't realize that my anger is at the boiling over point.

At Ft Bragg you can get on base with your Drivers licence and VA ID. Maybe that was what she was talking about.

Got a recent copy of my records today, which included the lab results of these tests. Now I know why the tests take so long.....the Dayton VA sends them to the Cincinnati VA for testing!!! Not only does the Dayton VA not have a gyn doc....they don't know how to process PAP tests!! OMG.

Then, there is a disclaimer on both tests saying that in no way does this test or it's results rule out any kind of cancer. Yet the nurse and the doc at Dayton both told me that I definitely didn't have cancer....that the PAP test ruled that out. Stupid morons.

The doc wrote in my records that I'm in menopause. Huh????? Where the hell did she get that from?? There are, of course, many more inconsistences. That was just the most glaring.

I've written to the State of Ohio Veterans Office (at the Governors Office) about the lack of adequate Gyn care for women vets at the Dayton VAMC...and I've told them what happened to me two years ago and now. I've also written to the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology and told them what is going on. I've already heard back from the Govenor's office and apparently they are looking into it. We shall see. They (Dayton VA) can't say that I didn't warn them.