VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question For Women

Rate this topic

I'm trying not to worry. I'm just not good at it because I don't trust the VA.

My sister had uterine & ovarian cancer, my mom had pre-cancerous cells removed from her uterus, and my neice has had pre-cancerous tumors in her uterus and similar problems with her ovaries.

I just don't believe that VA doc when she said that they can tell from a pap that it's not cancerous or pre-cancerous. I told my sister that and she agreed that was a bunch of BS.

The women's coordinator didn't answer me about the 2nd opinion at the base hospital. And the VA is closed on Monday. I really can't stand that woman....she is worthless.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Purple, last I heard paps don't specifically 'detect' ovarian cancer, if 'positive' simply means changes in cervical cells or something else 'microscopic fluff' on the slide to begin with. But hey, I am just a reciever of preprinted information and a strong belief in a great God.

Wishing you relaxation after the wind and a posturepedic futon for your son,

Cg'up2009!

Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder
I'm trying not to worry. I'm just not good at it because I don't trust the VA.

My sister had uterine & ovarian cancer, my mom had pre-cancerous cells removed from her uterus, and my neice has had pre-cancerous tumors in her uterus and similar problems with her ovaries.

I just don't believe that VA doc when she said that they can tell from a pap that it's not cancerous or pre-cancerous. I told my sister that and she agreed that was a bunch of BS.

The women's coordinator didn't answer me about the 2nd opinion at the base hospital. And the VA is closed on Monday. I really can't stand that woman....she is worthless.

Have you tried contacting the Director of the VA Center for Women Veterans? I did some emails a few years back, and found their responses lacking any genuine concern. Maybe things have changed? From the latest "report", the conversation arounnd women vets coordinators, is that they work 10 hours per week on female veterans issues; what do they do with the other 30 hours?!

2008 Advisory Committee on Women Veterans Report http://www1.va.gov/womenvet/page.cfm?pg=54

• HadIt.com Elder

Good idea and link, thanks Wings. I've heard from a few military women that va teams number women last. Never team 1, 2 or 3.triage? I deal with it, even when I call and search for my team number, (I should just say the last one), I've been transferred automatically; that equals it out, thankful I have a feminine voice!

Have you tried contacting the Director of the VA Center for Women Veterans? I did some emails a few years back, and found their responses lacking any genuine concern. Maybe things have changed? From the latest "report", the conversation arounnd women vets coordinators, is that they work 10 hours per week on female veterans issues; what do they do with the other 30 hours?!

2008 Advisory Committee on Women Veterans Report http://www1.va.gov/womenvet/page.cfm?pg=54

When I filed the IRIS complaint about a lack of Gyn services (yet again) at the Dayton VA...it always gets routed to this person:

Connie LaRosa, RN, MSA

Deputy Field Director

Women Veterans Health Strategic Health Care Group

VISNs 10-15, 18-23

She is in Washington. Initially she would help; now she just passes the buck to the women's coordinator at the Dayton VA.

I just don't think it's too much to ask to be seen by a Gyn. But to the VA, you'd think I was asking for a million dollars. I guess they are just used to folks who give up easy....well, then there's me. They should know better by now. Perhaps I'll ask each one of them who they go to for their Gyn care. LOL! Just any doc or a Gyn doc...and then see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

Had my follow-up PAP at the VA today since the women's coordinator ignored and refused to allow me to see a real GYN doc outside the VA. <_<

The doc who did it (a female doc; but not a GYN...her "title" is just "staff physician") told me that my cervix is "very inflammed"....but she has no idea why. Of course she's is clueless, she's not a GYN! B) B)

They told me to check back in 3 weeks for the results if I don't hear back from them sooner because sometimes the results get put in the computer and they don't know about it. What????

Wow.