Received A Letter Today, What Does This Mean?

kino1161

Question

This is just as the letter says (compensation is really in all caps)! Does that mean anything to me? I filed my claim in August. I retired in November. I received an e-mail on Monday that said my claim was "ready for decision" and today I got a letter that said...

"We are still processing your application for COMPENSATION. We apologize for the delay. You will be notified upon completion of precessing. If you need to contact us......"

So, how long do I have now. My office is in Roanoke, VA. Thanks!

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Since you are OEF/OIF vet- they are processing your claim as fast as they can.

If they sent you a VCAA letter, were you able to send them what they asked for? Then again-if this is set for a decision-they apparently have everything they need and would not even need to send you the VCAA letter.

That letter you got is just a generic one-I got one last summer but my claims were filed years ago.

• HadIt.com Elder
This is just as the letter says (compensation is really in all caps)! Does that mean anything to me? I filed my claim in August. I retired in November. I received an e-mail on Monday that said my claim was "ready for decision" and today I got a letter that said...

"We are still processing your application for COMPENSATION. We apologize for the delay. You will be notified upon completion of precessing. If you need to contact us......"

Good Morning "kino1161". Welcome aboard. Congratulations on your retirement. I too am waiting for a letter from the VA. It is a let down to finally find an envelope from the VA in the mail box, open it with anticipation, and see that it's just advising you to wait some more. Hang in there. Best wishes for a positive outcome with your claim.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

As many here will tell you,"this is the beginning of an adventure for you". We all wish for your success. You should hear more soon. In the meantime, you have found the site on the internet that you can gain a lot of knowledge from. Use it. Never be afraid to ask for help, direction, or advive. There are people from all walks of life with all kinds of life experiences here. So dig in and never give up. Welcome aboard.