VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received A Letter Today, What Does This Mean?

Rate this question

kino1161

Question

This is just as the letter says (compensation is really in all caps)! Does that mean anything to me? I filed my claim in August. I retired in November. I received an e-mail on Monday that said my claim was "ready for decision" and today I got a letter that said...

"We are still processing your application for COMPENSATION. We apologize for the delay. You will be notified upon completion of precessing. If you need to contact us......"

So, how long do I have now. My office is in Roanoke, VA. Thanks!

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This is a computer generated letter that goes out to everyone that has an end product (EP) pending. In laymans terms a claim pending. They usually go out every 90-120 days.

Right Sharon, typical computer generated. What's really disturbing is when your physicians get their copy every 3-4 months asking for the same info of records...then after they send 3 copies of each, they call you and say What's with this? You explain this is how the VA operates. So now they just call and say, got another letter, not sending info anymore.

This is a computer generated letter that goes out to everyone that has an end product (EP) pending. In laymans terms a claim pending. They usually go out every 90-120 days.

• HadIt.com Elder
Right Sharon, typical computer generated. What's really disturbing is when your physicians get their copy every 3-4 months asking for the same info of records...then after they send 3 copies of each, they call you and say What's with this? You explain this is how the VA operates. So now they just call and say, got another letter, not sending info anymore.

The more I read these types of threads, the more I see that the VA is overwhelmed and under pressure. I'm hopeful that a new, and more responsive VA will emerge, after the tsunami of claims roll in, when the war in Iraq is over.