VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help!? Got An Imo But It Needs Tweaking

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

Howdy all. I found a doctor that gave me a 'more likely than not' on connecting my arthritis to my sc conditions (flat feet and ankle injury). I gave the good Dr. a copy of Strickland's sample letter and he tried to follow it but he didn't get it right in detail. I had fore warned him that VA was fussy as all get out and he told me to let him know if it needed altered so there's no problem on that end.

He gave me three lightly filled pages with information scattered about and omitted a lot of detail, providing mainly broad statements/impressions. Too, I hadn't brought the full battery of my records since at this first visit, I hadn't actually expected the letter. His office people really had no idea what I was asking of him so I just expected to explain what I wanted and to see if he would do it. He accepted the idea, looked at what I had brought and gave me an exam. then produced the 'letter.' It lacks comment about 'reviewing SMR's' and I hadn't brought my x-rays/MRI so he lleft that blank. I'll carry all that stuff when I go back to him.

What I'm wanting to do is spoon feed him the finished product as near as I can so he pretty much just has to fill in the blanks, as it were, and sign it.

That's where you good folk come in. ;)

Please bear with me as this is long but I really need input here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is his, I guess call it opinion or cover letter with my edits for him in Italics. The next two are his additional pages. Some information useful, some needs amended and some omitted as potentially harmful or just needless. In the end, it all needs shuffled into a whole... This is what I'm hoping you all can help me with. Something fit to set VA back on it's heels. And this is in time for my Hearing in March.

post-3607-1233857960_thumb.jpg post-3607-1233858092_thumb.jpg post-3607-1233858152_thumb.jpg

>>> One more thing. This fellow above is a foot/ankle doctor. Good for that and connecting secondary conditions. I have also come upon a 'doctor of Internal medicine' I know willing to help me out too. Is it a good thing to have two IMO from different perspectives???

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Thanks. I did give the doc Strickland's sample and explained the wording. He did give me a "more likely than not" which is great. I just can't give the folks at Waco an excuse to chuck it.