VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Is Tdiu P/t Last?

Rate this question

Rockytop

Question

Hello good folks I posted eariler but it never showed up? hope this one does?

How long does a 100%rating of tdiu pt last? age 63 or 65? or til you die?

and if your combined rating is 60% do you still recieve the tdiu after you turn say 63?65? based on your over all combined rating?

I was raised from 50%to 90% to get tdiu with a 10% rating of tittus. they say my over all rating is 60 %?

but was awarded the 100%rate with p/t curently on tdiu.

I am worried about this because I'm getting ready to turn 63 and if its redused I'll be a in big trouble making house payments ect,,ect, or making ends meet, wife is disable also but can't get SS.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are P&T, it will last until you improve or you "foolishly" go back to work. Since you are unlikely to improve it should last the remainder of your life. It certainly is a nice retirement package/income. With SSDI added to that a person can have a fairly comfortable life. Why can't your wife get SSDI? She didn't work?

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can go back to work that is much better but it is rare if ever that I see 100% Vets who can hold down a job. Course many of your VSO's are Service Connected and work, Senator Dole certainly was rated pretty high and we have Sen McCain who is disabled and works.

• HadIt.com Elder
Hello good folks I posted eariler but it never showed up? hope this one does?

How long does a 100%rating of tdiu pt last? age 63 or 65? or til you die?

and if your combined rating is 60% do you still recieve the tdiu after you turn say 63?65? based on your over all combined rating?

I was raised from 50%to 90% to get tdiu with a 10% rating of tittus. they say my over all rating is 60 %?

but was awarded the 100%rate with p/t curently on tdiu.

I am worried about this because I'm getting ready to turn 63 and if its redused I'll be a in big trouble making house payments ect,,ect, or making ends meet, wife is disable also but can't get SS.

It's my understanding that a permanent and total rating for total disability individual unemployability lasts until another examination is scheduled for your service connected condition. In other words, you are only permanent and total as long as no future examinations are scheduled. It is routine for veterans to apply for Social Security disability as soon as their disability worsens and they can no longer work. Have you applied for Social Security disability yet? You need to do that as soon as possible because you must have work credits in 5 of the last 10 years before you applied. You need 20 credits in that 10 year period and it is my understanding that you earn 1 credit for every quarter you work in and receive more than $300.00 wages in that quarter. THESE NUMBERS MAY HAVE CHANGED SO CONTACT SOCIAL SECURITY TO CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY. DON'T RELY ON ME TO DETERMINE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY.

oic,

my didibilitys will not get better

I been on tdiu for about 7 years now and never been called for an c&p exam...had bunch of those before I got my tdiu believe me.

NO my wife never worked she did for a while but has heart trouble including triple bypass,and can't work ,arthitis in her knees real bad but not bad enough , she applied for SS but was turn down 3 times they said she could be a wal-mart door greeter and thats just not her thing...SHE IS JUST WAITING TO TURN EITHER 63 /65 WICH EVER SHE CAN RECIVE THE MOST SS $, BUT FOR NOW WE DO OK WITH MY TDIU.

in my award letter it says that

''Basic eligilbilitiy to Dependents Education Assistance is Granted as the evidence shows that you currently have a service - connected disablity, permanent in nature.

I was just wondering if the tdiu runs out at age 63/65?.... then they cut off your tdiu? and maybe give you compensation for your % of disabilitys? for the remainder of your life? and then have you to file for SS.??

MY SS won't be much , I have not worked in over 17 years....needless to say tdiu is our only income.

thats why I'm worried.

Please don't get me wrong here..I am proud I won my case for tdiu, lot of years I fought for that and it has help this family more than I can ever say, I certainly don't mean to be bitchen about it, I'm just concerned about the future for us. (who aint)

I help my fellow vetrans who file claims and help them with what all I know and give them t-birds site hadit.com to get more help than I can give them.

I appreciate this site more than anything and God Bless all of you that help our fellow vetrans.

All your work is heartfelt with this old boy and I salute all you men and women who help us.

Thanks to t-bird for putting .. hadit.com ...on the internet, words will never be enough to thank this man.

• HadIt.com Elder
oic,

I was just wondering if the tdiu runs out at age 63/65?.... then they cut off your tdiu?

No you won't be cut off tdiu, just because you turn 63/65. I just called my NSO at the VA for confirmation.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93