VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made, Rating Being Written Up

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I'm sure this has been covered many a time and some may wonder why I am asking once again, but!

Whether the info is correct or not, I called the 1-800 # to get a statis report on my claim and I was told that the decision has been made and that the rating was being written up for approval, that I should check back in two weeks.

Usually I am told it is being developted, check back in a month or two and then it is at the Rater's, check back in two to six months, but now I am being told the rating decision is being typed up and to check back in two weeks.

Am I getting my hopes up prematurely or should I just plan to check back in two weeks as I was told or do you think my AMVET rep would have more conclusive information? I would hate to bother her on a wild goose chase if the 1-800# attendant was only giving me the run around.

Rockhound Rider :D

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I sent IRIS an Email yesterday and today they replied about my inquirey. The only information they had was what I already learned the end of January. My claim was forwarded to the Rater January 28, 2008.

This is a far cry from the 1-800# when they said that a decision had been made and was being written up. So I guess their is no comformity between the two and one must keep checking from time to time no matter what one is told until one has something in the mail, formally telling you about your claim decision.

I'd love to go behind the scenes and actually see what a 1-800# attendant sees as well as the IRIS rep. I would also like to see and hear what these people are being told, about how to answer these types of inquireys during their training process. There has to be some reason for such discrepancies in the answers given out by the different inquirey processes.

The differences in the answers I got only make me that much more distrustfull of the VA and there ability to be as up to date and truthfull to Veterans and their claims.

Rockhound Rider B) :mellow: ;) :huh::angry:

p.s. 14 days to date, at the Raters according to IRIS and counting.

rock - there is not a way to accurately track the status of a claim and you have been

here plenty of time to know it. It may perhaps be true that your claim was forwarded

to a rater Jan 28,2008 - BUT even that means absolutely nothing in regards to a timeframe

answer.

Hell - it can go to the rater and the rater can fill out a form seeking additional

information or your file just gets put in one stack out of ten stacks of files.

Or just the day the rater's going to work your file the rater starts vacation or the

office spends half a day on training and during that time the stacks of files have gotten

out of order. What ever the case, the 800 #, or an Iris email, you can not get

any answer that is concrete until you either have the paper in your hand or

a direct deposit into your bank account.

jmho,

carlie