VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Automatically Iu Deferred?

Rate this question

CorCor

Question

I really keep to myself and don't really post becuase I posted on here one day and someone guy jumped all over me for trying to ask a question about my PTSD claim for sexual harrasement and assult. I was hoping someone can answer a question for me or give me your opionion on the matter if you have been through something similar.

I was 20% SC last year for my Blood pressure and Tinitus. My Back, PTSD and Depression was deferred. It has been almost a year and the system and a source of mine says I was finally rated on the 28th of Jan. The personal Trauma was rated @ 70 and I am rated at a total 0f 80% SC. I recieved a Phone call from Sacramento or Oakland telling me I would be hearing something in 10 to 15 days in regard to my claim. The system is saying the I am IU deferred. I did not apply for IU..don't really know about it and am confused. Is this something that is normally done? .

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If your disalilties are severe enough and you are not working, The VA may consider it. Deffered means it has been put off and the IU may have been inferred.

Send in the IU form anyway unless you are working.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that what you are trying to say is that the IU (individual un-employability was a claim that was "inferred" not "deferred".

If they are saying that your IU was inferred, then they, the VA, actually "filed a claim", well, they really didn't actually "file" the claim, but they treated your obvious individual un-employability, as a claim for IU.

That being the case and the fact that you are 80%........probably means that you are going to be getting some really good news. It could mean that you are gonna be 100% before long.........it could mean that, but don't spend the money until official word arrives.

By-the-way, I'm sorry about your previous treatment on the hadit.com board. I'm sure nobody meant to discourage you.

Welcome.

Thank you , that makes since. I must have misunderstood the inferred vs. deferred. Maybe the individual on the phone mixed it up, or just my lack of knowlodge on the subject. I just thought deferred was odd since I have not filed any paperowrk or even got the Big envelope in the mail yet. I sit with fingers crossed. It is surprising that they would automatically "file" for me. Thanks again.

I think that what you are trying to say is that the IU (individual un-employability was a claim that was "inferred" not "deferred".

If they are saying that your IU was inferred, then they, the VA, actually "filed a claim", well, they really didn't actually "file" the claim, but they treated your obvious individual un-employability, as a claim for IU.

That being the case and the fact that you are 80%........probably means that you are going to be getting some really good news. It could mean that you are gonna be 100% before long.........it could mean that, but don't spend the money until official word arrives.

By-the-way, I'm sorry about your previous treatment on the hadit.com board. I'm sure nobody meant to discourage you.

Welcome.

CorCor,

I agree with LarryJ's assessment and opinion. One must remember when they post something we are bound to hear a variety of opinions, that is the beauty of having a diverse group of people on this site. Sometimes what is written or the way we may interpret it may not be the way it was intended. We can accept it or ignore it, but that is our choice.

The communication brought forth is by those, who I do believe, have all of our best interests at heart. Sometimes frank information or direct suggestions are not what we want or expect to hear but remember we can use what we want and let go or discard the rest. The VA has had a numbing effect on many but do remember here we do try to find the best for eachother as our commonality of Vets for Vets is to guide us all to a more peaceful time and to a more peaceful place now.

It is a remarkable place here where we can be open, and seek help from such a wide range of personalities. There will be times we may feel we are getting our toes stepped on, but don't let that deter you from further contact...grow and share and let others share in your knowledge and offers of assistance. You ultimately have the choice now, so use it wisely. When one vet suffers we all feel the pain, and when one rejoices we we all feel the joy. May you find the help you need and we will support your endeavors. Good luck to you and your conquests. :D

Welcome.

There are many on board Hadit that are waiting to help you and others. Unfortunately, sometimes people forget what it is like being confused, scared, unsure, or inexperienced. ("EMPATHY": the capacity for experiencing as one's own the feelings of another). Please people, when you reach out a hand to help someone--do it with an open hand, not a closed fist and mind. "CorCor" welcome back!

I agree that the VA "inferred" TDIU.

You cane expect to receive a TDIU frm. I have never seen VA award TDIU without receipt of this form.

On # 18 on the form check yes and then applyu for SSA disability benefits.

If you get SSA now, make sure the VA knows this and what for.

Under Remarks, Question 25 -refer them to separate page and then tell them of the side affects of your SC meds that render you unable to work and tell them any other info that would show you are unemployable.