VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Percoset Refill

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to the Tampa VAMC today to get my percoset prescription refilled. My doctor called in sick. I asked the people in my "team" what I could do. They just shrugged. I wanted to hit them with my cane. I tried to call the VA to get a appointment when I got home after trying to talk to the pharmacist and ER and getting nowhere. I was not even able to get an appointment scheduled to get my script. I told them I would be going into withdrawl. They just shrugged and I really wanted to hit them with my cane. If you depend on the VAMC for anything that is really crucial you are in deep shit. They just cannot do anything right. The people in the ER where just the most unhelpful people I have ever come into contact with at the VA. They don't give a shit and that was obvious. My "team" turned away a sick vet in a wheelchair because he did not have an appointment. He was homeless and they just blew him off. What a disgusting place. I go to the VAMC because I am entitled to care, but what a cesspool it is, and how little they care about their patients. I would not let them operate on my pet rock. I would complain but what good would it do and who would I complain to when I can't even get an appointment because the appointment line is too busy. The patient advocate is an idiot. I came pretty close to getting myself arrested. To be treated like trash I don't need.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I think your suppose to be able to call the pharmacist and get enough to get you through until your appt--or just go through the ER and say your in pain.

That sucks, sorry that happen. Hope you are able to get your script soon.

• HadIt.com Elder

Danang

I do think it is getting worse. They are more busy and it was like a chinese firedrill. I mean they have no backup if your doctor calls in dead. No one will write you a script especially for a narcotic. It was so crowded I felt like a head of cattle.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ruby

The pharmacist would not help me, and the ER take hours and hours of waiting. I was too mad to sit their and get the runaround. I have a pain doctor on the side just for such bs situations. I am not even sure the ER people would have helped me after they kept me waiting for hours.

John,

I just had to do this...please forgive me....but I am a Marine....so I just had to....

John...you have a pet rock?????

Sometimes, I hear vets vent to me and they say that the VA never heard a darn thing that meant anything they were suppose to hear.....the important stuff.....but they heard the stuff that was meaningless.....and they focus on it....just like I did......

But, um John you have a pet rock???

Again the VA sometimes has a 5 second memory....oops, I've been hanging out with these guys too long...ok I'll post a more meaningful post....

I once had a veteran tell me that his doctor was out.....so the OEF/OIF counselor told him to go to the ER and he was calling down to the ER to explain....when the veteran got down to the ER the nurse who greeted the OEF/OIF Veteran said word for word this "You better have a damn good reason for coming".....Vet then asked "Say again" not thinking she would repeat and the Nurse then said again "You better have a damn good reason for coming down for this instead of waiting for your doctor to return (it was a holiday weekend in the same situation as you John) he made a complaint to the Director and a meeting was made for the supervisors/managers and an apology was made and it was made record....to my knowledge

John-

That is soooooo wrong. Tell them you know a very mean, bitchy female vet in Ohio you will unleash on them if they don't get you your meds ASAP!!

If you live close enough....drive there again tomorrow and park yourself in the director's office until someone brings you your meds!! That is what I would do--but hey, I'm a rebel.

• HadIt.com Elder

Purple, you're starting to sound like me! Teehee! That is EXACTLY the advice I would have given! Also, plan to wait a LOOONG time, but it will be so worth it!

John-

That is soooooo wrong. Tell them you know a very mean, bitchy female vet in Ohio you will unleash on them if they don't get you your meds ASAP!!

If you live close enough....drive there again tomorrow and park yourself in the director's office until someone brings you your meds!! That is what I would do--but hey, I'm a rebel.