VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Percoset Refill

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to the Tampa VAMC today to get my percoset prescription refilled. My doctor called in sick. I asked the people in my "team" what I could do. They just shrugged. I wanted to hit them with my cane. I tried to call the VA to get a appointment when I got home after trying to talk to the pharmacist and ER and getting nowhere. I was not even able to get an appointment scheduled to get my script. I told them I would be going into withdrawl. They just shrugged and I really wanted to hit them with my cane. If you depend on the VAMC for anything that is really crucial you are in deep shit. They just cannot do anything right. The people in the ER where just the most unhelpful people I have ever come into contact with at the VA. They don't give a shit and that was obvious. My "team" turned away a sick vet in a wheelchair because he did not have an appointment. He was homeless and they just blew him off. What a disgusting place. I go to the VAMC because I am entitled to care, but what a cesspool it is, and how little they care about their patients. I would not let them operate on my pet rock. I would complain but what good would it do and who would I complain to when I can't even get an appointment because the appointment line is too busy. The patient advocate is an idiot. I came pretty close to getting myself arrested. To be treated like trash I don't need.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would copy your original post and send it to the new Secretary of VA. The only thing I would add is names dates and time.

Good Luck

Ruby

The pharmacist would not help me, and the ER take hours and hours of waiting. I was too mad to sit their and get the runaround. I have a pain doctor on the side just for such bs situations. I am not even sure the ER people would have helped me after they kept me waiting for hours.

John, why in the world you still dealing with the VA Hospital that is set up like a free Health Department were the care is substandard and you are treated as sub-human. Yes its gotten better but only in areas and pain is not one of them. I will never depend on the VA in this area because folks are treated as drug attics not pain patients. Ironic isn't it the Government treats "pain meds" a HIGHLY control substance but are willing to subject you to any drug they no nothing about or you know nothing about or possibly even kill you this is insane.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good ideas fellow vets. One thing I have noticed about private pain doctors in my state of Florida is that they are scared to death of the DEA. They dole out the pain meds with a teaspoon. Chronic pain is probably the most undertreated disease among young and old in this country.

John,

This is so sad that us vets are treated so poorly. You've been given some great advice on here, I'd def. take one of those avenues. Maybe if I tell you a subpar VAMC treatment story it'll help, lol.

I've now been trying to get in with the pain clinic at the VAMC for a year now. I had an appointment with them over a year ago. When I was in my appointment, they noticed my blood pressure was high, and my heart beat was tachy. Next thing I know their calling a code blue on me, and there's 20 people in the room. I told them I was nervous. The reason I was nervous is because I wanted to finally be out of pain. I was getting pain meds while active duty, but wasn't adequately treated, and the dr. even admited it due to the nature of my job. So, I've been getting the run around from the pain clinic, rheumatology, and my primary. All of them saying I have to be seen by the other for the past year. Tell me somethings not wrong here. I've been in severe pain every day for the past year, and they dont give to S*%#'s. I'm wondering if I can't file a malpractice lawsuit?

Hopefully my poor treatment makes you feel a little better knowing that it's not just you that's getting screwed. I know it makes me feel a little better sometimes hearing stuff that's worse than my case just for the simple fact it feels like it's me against the VA.

Hey Just my 50 cents worth but I had the same thing happen to me. Here is what you can do if you are with the VA for pain managment their is a form you sign to participate with the Doctor it is a agreement. On the form it states that in the event your doctor is not there you will be or supposed to be took care of. I had the exact thing happen to me so do do not feel like it is just you. I can tell you I will not be treated that way ever again. I think the pain group on the east coast that overseas the VA pain managment group 7 I think is out of Atlanta. I will try to get some information for you in the AM. I can tell you that even with SC connected back issues and a MRI I was treated like a drug addict. I got lucky and got a reasonable Doc so hang in there. I can also tell you to be polite but but firm. If they do not remember to treat us vets like we are the people who pay them get names dates and times and start a paper trail. Adios and I hope things get better for you...

Good ideas fellow vets. One thing I have noticed about private pain doctors in my state of Florida is that they are scared to death of the DEA. They dole out the pain meds with a teaspoon. Chronic pain is probably the most undertreated disease among young and old in this country.

Sorry to here what u are going thru. I used to be able to get a 90 day supply of meds at a time. Now here in Virgina I am told I can only get a 30 day supply at a time. I was told the VA changed the rules so every 25 days I drive to the VA clinic wait 3 hours to speak to a nurse who ask the Dr if I can have a refill. I tried calling the VA medical center but nobody picks up the phone.

Jim