VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Headaches

Rate this question

mike/3/8/cav

Question

I requested the exam notes that the doc did during my exam on Jan 20th. They requested I go to this exam, not me.

PROBLEM: headaches

DATE OF ONSET: 1976

CIRCUMSTANCES AND INITIAL MANIFESTATIONS: Veteran had last C&P exam for this condition in April 2008. Since then he indicates his condition is still the same, experiencing several times a week, lasting few hours alleviated with tylenol with codein; he also states partial relief,no side effects. Last headache today January 20, 2009.He adds pain associated with his neck condition. He adds pain type: sharp like needle, associated with blurred vision.

COURSE SINCE ONSET:Intermittentw/remissions

CURRENT TREATMENT FOR THIS CONDITION:Medication

DESCRIBE CURRENT TREATMENT(S): tylenol with codein,valium,ibuprofen

RESPONSE TO TREATMENT: Fair

SIDE EFFECTSFROM CURRENT TREATMENT(s): no

SUMMARY OF ALL PROBLEMS, DIAGNISIS, AND FUNCTIONAL EFFECTS

DIAGNOSIS: HEADACHES ASSOCIATED WITH NECK CONDITION

ARE THERE EFFECTS OF THE PROBLEM ON USUAL DAILY ACTIVITIES: Yes

CHORES: Moderate

SHOPPING: Moderate

EXERCISE: Moderate

SPORTS: Moderate

Recreation: moderate

TRAVELING: Moderate

FEEDING: mild

BATHING: None

DRESSING: None

TOILETING: None

GROOMING: None

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: He states since 2000 has remained unemployed due to medical conditions.

I was hoping somebody could look at this and hopefully let me know what to expect next?

Edited by mike/3/8/cav

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mike,

I have a claim in for Migraine HA that begn in service and I have had to go outside the VAMC to get a doc to write what Carlie has indicated.

Now, if I have read your latest posts correctly, you are already service connected and seeking an increase...correct?

Even with that being the case, I agree with Carlie that it is going to take more than what this last C&P doc wrote up. I know from experience with my own claims that being already service connected at 0% doesn't always mean anything when it comes to the VARO. But it is my hope that things go well with you in your claim endeavor. Best regards!

Mike,

I have a claim in for Migraine HA that begn in service and I have had to go outside the VAMC to get a doc to write what Carlie has indicated.

Now, if I have read your latest posts correctly, you are already service connected and seeking an increase...correct?

Even with that being the case, I agree with Carlie that it is going to take more than what this last C&P doc wrote up. I know from experience with my own claims that being already service connected at 0% doesn't always mean anything when it comes to the VARO. But it is my hope that things go well with you in your claim endeavor. Best regards!

Thank you for the response luvHIM, I will keep you posted . Yes, I am service connected 0%.

My migraines are SCd at 10%. I'm daily med dependent on Topomax to try to keep them away (doesn't work)...and have been hospitalized for them several times. Also take Maxalt when I do get an attack.

I could probably get an increase for them as they have gotten much worse and I was hospitalized for 7 days for a migraine attack...but I don't want the VA nosing in my business if they don't have to...know what I mean?

Anyway...that's my migraine SC story...and I'm stickin' to it.... :rolleyes:

Good luck!

My migraines are SCd at 10%. I'm daily med dependent on Topomax to try to keep them away (doesn't work)...and have been hospitalized for them several times. Also take Maxalt when I do get an attack.

I could probably get an increase for them as they have gotten much worse and I was hospitalized for 7 days for a migraine attack...but I don't want the VA nosing in my business if they don't have to...know what I mean?

Anyway...that's my migraine SC story...and I'm stickin' to it.... :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Thanks for your response purple. WoW I hope I don't get that bad, I am sorry for you, hope you can heal.

Thank you for the response luvHIM, I will keep you posted . Yes, I am service connected 0%.

Mike,

We need to clear something up here right away.

Have you received a rating decision that state's

service connection for headaches is granted at zero percent.

At this point it is very important to be sure what your working with.

In one post you say,

"My PCP is setting me up for a professional opinion on what is causing my headaches."

Which without already crossing this bridge - you most likely would not be SC'd for headaches

even at zero percent.

Now in your last post you say in response pertaining to headaches,

"Yes, I am service connected 0%."

Which is it - if your not sure then get the rating decision

and look at it again.

As far as the claims process goes the true path of what you need

varies greatly.

Let me know ASAP - things might be much better then we are thinking.

carlie

Thanks carlie for responding. I'm sorry my rambling is so confusing. I get like that alot. Yes, I am service connected 0% for headaches. The rating for neck and back condition was denied. My pcp is not a VA doctor and he is going to get another doctor to look at what might be the cause of my neck and back condition (Cervical spine degeneration, lumbar spine degenerative changes and lower back pain). I can only think it would have to be service connected since after retirement I only worked security/no heavy lifting or machinery. Sorry again, I hope this is clearer for you. Thanks again