VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bill (hr 1) Bailout Bill

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

Came accross this, and thought it needed to be posted.

I am particularly concerned about sections 13101 through 13434 of the new bailout bill (HR 1). These sections would set up the infrastructure to computerize the medical records of ALL AMERICANS in a government-coordinated database, including psychiatric records.

It is scary enough that a government bureaucrat is directed by statute to try to influence my doctor's decisions with respect to my medical care.

But of even greater concern to gun owners is the fact that a government-coordinated database will now contain all records of government-provided and private psychiatric treatment.

Last year's "NICS Improvement Act" codified ATF's attempts to make a person a prohibited person on the basis of a government psychiatrist's finding that he is a "danger" -- without a finding by any court. Well, roughly 150,000 battle-scarred veterans have already been unfairly stripped of their gun rights by the government.

Now, this new government-coordinated database threatens the gun rights of people who, as kids, were diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder... seniors with Alzheimer's... police with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder... and many other law-abiding Americans.

God bless,

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

every one should join the NRA . they are the reason we still have our second amendment rights . believe me gun control is coming to your neighborhood and

the crooks will know it and take advantage of it.