VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Relief Medicines!

Rate this topic

Wolf

Sue on behalf of all us chronic pain suffers who are treated like dope fiends just because we ask for the help we deserve. It is said chronic pain is the most under treated illness in America.

TANKERJOEO, I to served in the GW1 and suffer from pain it is a building process as you currently going through. When you demand from the VA you are a drug seeking drug addict. The way to approach it is tell them "its not helping enough" or "at all" don't demand new pain med's its hard enough on you already not getting the help you need, "less is more" sometimes and I know real pain so I can sympathize with you. Ask to be s ent to the VA painclinic and this should get the ball runing in some direction..Good luck my friend......... Yog

They are advertising a strange device here on this page for back pain $89.00...LOL.. Yog

Edited by yoggie2

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup, you need to "plainly state" that you are a very viable candidate for the VA's Pain Management Clinic. Demand that you be placed there.

There are, actually, psych docs and real MD's that are available in the Pain Management Clinics.....and they DON'T label you as a "druggy".

They can't, otherwise ALL their patients would be labeled as such, and there would go their livelyhood......... :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

Folks it is not the Doctors fault the pain meds are not being prescribed.

it is the Governments fault as the DEA treats Doctors like the Coulmbian drug cartel. They are becoming afraid to prescribe and that is the way the system wants it.

J

thanks all for your input.

larryj

what actually is the pain mgmt clinic???

do you know where i can find info about this?

i definetly would love to be seen by someone for my pain.

would i "plainly state" to my primary care dr that i want to be in the pain clinic?

i dont know what a narcotic pain killer is and isnt????

if i was ever prescribed one it didnt work at all for me.

there has to be a certain medicine to aleviate atleast some of my pain.

i am in serious pain just trying to type???

my pain is getting unbearable??

thanks again for everyone here at hadit.

i think this is the greatest site i have ever found on the internet.

i am obcessively addicted to hadit!!! lol

semper fi!!!

tankerjoe0

• HadIt.com Elder

Each VA Medical Center has, or is supposed to have, what is officially termed a "Pain Management" Center or Clinic or Group.

Give them a call. Just call the VA Medical Center's main number and they'll connect you......tell them that you need them....ask them to either contact your primary care physician or you contact your primary care physician.

and yes, you would need to "request" a referral from your primary care physician, if the pain management center does not offer to do so for you.

It has helped me......it hasn't removed any of the pain...I've got some weight-bearing joints that have no cartilegde in between them.....just bone on bone, kinda grindin away......I keep thinking that, if I can keep on going....that I will eventually be about 3 feet tall, after all the bone is grinded away.

But, it has given me somewhere to vent my pain, anger, frustration.....and some hope that someone actually does care....and that helps the pain, I guess.

:rolleyes:

I want to agree with LarryJ. I was in Pain mgmt at the VAMC for over two years and I had no problem getting whatever rx necessary to help manage the pain.

I have been suffering from chronic pain for over 25 years and had no idea that I had the issues I had. But once I began going to the VAMC, they hooked me right up. I know that some complain about their VAMC treatment, but I can't. It has been the best.

So, I would give the PMC a try. You do have to be referred and the waiting list can be long at some VAMC facilities. Also, I'm surprised that, if you were not getting much success with the meds offered, your pcp didn't think to refer you on his/her own.