VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Went For An Initial Tbi Screening Today

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

I kept my appointment today for a TBI screening, (even though some have said it only applies to current war Vets) I was surprised at the forms I had to fill out on arrival they listed all the current wars as well as Nam, Korea, WWII, WWI, the screening took a little over two hours and when I left I had several future appointments with a Neurologist, a cardiologist, CT Scan of the brain, an MRI of the neck and right shoulder,a Shrink, pain clinic and several others, I was given the Doc's business card and told to call and check in every wednesday untill all tests are done, I show a serious cognitve issue as well as multiple health issues that are possibly caused by the GSW to the head 41 years ago.They then gave me another appointment for follow-up testing etc, in six weeks. If they can relieve the pain in my neck and the headaches it will be well worth the trouble of dealing with them :rolleyes: ;)

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Good to hear. They may well be able to help with the headaches. There have been some good imporovements in headache treatment in the last couple years.

I'm afraid I practicly begged for help with my tbi issues here and was told to be satisfied with the lack of treatment or move to a region that has a tbi center.