Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Questions About The Process Of My Appeal

iraqx2
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

I'll describe this simple and short, I am trying to figure out the status of my appeal with the VA.

Here is the timeline-

1. Dec 2007, I had a C&P initiated by the VA to check on the status of my back and PTSD compensated disability( awarded since 2005 ).

2. Feb 2008, a decision was made to keep the rating " unchanged "

3. File NOD on June 2008 contesting the " unchanged " rating. My condition has worsen and the rating should have been increased.

4. Received notice and SOC on Oct 2008, NOD denied. I would keep my rating.

5. November, filed form 9 and appeal to BVA.

6. Since filing the appeal, the VA sent me to another C&P Evaluation and I also submitted my own IMO. These two new evidence was submitted after filing my form 9 in November.

I have waiting on a decision ever since. Now just last week, VA sent a Sanchez- Flores VS Peake letter, requesting if I have any new evidence. I drove the letter to the VA and signed off that I do not any more evidence, please resolve my appeal. A day later, I got another letter packet labeled VCAA asking if I have any more evidence and the other generic VA memos that they are working on my appeal. Since they did not list the C&P exam and my own IMO that were submitted the " the things that we have " ( they only stated the SOC letter on the denial and my form 9 ), should I submit the two copies again to them?? These two latest letters appear to have language such as " within 30 days and as soon as possible ". Yea right.

Do you guys think the decision is soon to follow? My concern is that they don't have my two evidence ( or have it but was too screwed up to say so ). What stage is my appeal at??

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would resubmit the evidence and state that VA did not include it and you are worried that it was spoilated. This word is like a sharp sword it really gets them hopping

Edited by Pete53

You have defined the two edged sword of the VA response letters-

No matter how you respond-if the VA fails to acknowledge your evidence-

they can chose to ignore it again.

"I drove the letter to the VA and signed off that I do not any more evidence, please resolve my appeal."

also

"My concern is that they don't have my two evidence ( or have it but was too screwed up to say so ).

I believe that veteran's when they respond to that letter-should type right onto the letter a description of the evidence they have already sent to VA as well as describe any other evidence they are enclosing and attach it to the letter.

The VA has manipulated these letters to mean that

'we arent acknowledging your evidence-so even if you sent us plenty- when you elect us to go ahead with the evidence

you already sent in, we will again deny your claim because we can say that we dont have it'

my opinion only- but I think the entire VCAA and DTA has to be revisited by the VA.

Years ago the VA developed a mandate by which VA letters would be easier to understand.

However, the VA ended up in double talk anyhow and has skillfully manipulated these response letters.

"Since they did not list the C&P exam and my own IMO that were submitted the " the things that we have " ( they only stated the SOC letter on the denial and my form 9 ), should " etc

That sure concerns me-I have been through that type of many times -

what VARO is this?

I am sure I have some phone numbers and fax number for them-

It is the Philly VARO. I will swing by again. Go see my VSO and submitted the evidence by hand again. Like many on this site, this is such an burden and such a wicked game they play.

Thanks Berta.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you filed a Form 9 in November of last year, you still have a long wait ahead of you. You probably won't get a docket number for several more months, and your case probably won't be heard by the BVA until some time on 2010. BVA appeals are taking up to two years for a decision. If you submit any new evidence, or change representation at this point, it will slow the process. If you don't respond to this VCAA notice it could screw up your claim. Sign it, and send it back certified mail, return receipt requested.

Philadelphia VARO

Director (as of May 2008)

Thomas M Lastowka

1-215-381-3100

Fax (1-215-381-3489)

VSCM Lillie Jackson -1-215-381-3021

AVSCM Lucy Filipov 1-215-381-3095

AVSCM Leslie Bartee 1-215-842-2000 Ext 3019

AVSCM Eileen Kostic 1-215-842-2000 Ext 4292

AVSCM Carolyn Miller 1-215-842-2000 Ext 5004

APMCM Gary Hodge 1-215-381-3095

Thank you so much folks. I will drop by the VA tomorrow.

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• Advertisemnt

• question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.

You can read the forums without registering.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines

<——>