VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Obamas Agenda On Va Affairs

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I lucked out today and got a good dentist for a root canal. Many of them are kids that just got out of dental school and they train on us vets for a year before they go into practice on their own. She is gonna be very good. The big difference in dental at VA is they cut cost anywhere they can. They will drill through a crown and do the canal where the street dentist will replace the crown, but you can`t beat the price. I know I can`t afford dental for me and pay for wife and daughter.

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder
x

x

x

Smedley Butler said: "The bankers collected their profits, but the soldier pays the biggest part of the bill. If you don't believe this, visit the American cemeteries on the battlefields abroad. Or visit any of the veterans' hospitals in the United States."

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes." Major General Smedley Darlington Butler, USMC (1881-1940)

Woody Guthrie said, "As long as poor people fight rich peoples wars, there will always be poor people, rich people, and wars."

no matter how many people show up that can pay, still the same amount of clinics and dr's available. hope the poor guy who doesnt have insurance can wait as the vets with insurance take all the slots he needs. I wont be the one. I have tricare and will go to a civilian Dr, not the VA. I see all the horror stories on here, but for some reason, opening up the VA to millions of extra patients makes sense to some people???? Talk about traffic jam at the on ramp. There is no way the care is going to get anything but worse. think about the PTSD vet who cant keep a job and hasnt gotten his claim yet needing some care, will he get it if there are alot of other people there who can afford to go somewhere else? I dont think so.

think about it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry:

Your friend should use the Valet Parking at Dallas. Its good as long as you get there before 1 PM and than they don't take any more in but they are open till 6 PM to bring the cars back.

The VAMC here in Pittsburgh is actually pretty good. I've only ran into one problem while being treated here. Granted, it's a very big one, but overall treatment has been good. Actually I take that back. There has only been two problems.

The first problem, which is the biggest, is with the pain management clinic. I seen the doc one time. During that appointment, I almost had a heart attack, had a code blue called on me. Since that appointment, I haven't been able to get back in there. I explained to him that my heart rate was up considerably from the anxiety of dealing with the pain, but apparently that doesn't matter. I've been getting the run around from them ever since. He wanted me to be seen by dermatology and rheumatology before comming back. Well, I got that taken care of in a month, and have been trying to get an appointment with a no go. Keeps telling me that I need to be seen by both those clinics even though both those clinics have cleared me. This is borderline malpractice, IMHO. I believe every hospital is supposed to have a patient bill of rights, and this is part of it. Instead of abiding by these rights, they've chose to keep me in pain. Even though I pretty much proved to them that the anxiety from just the thought of the pain is a killer(literaly)?

Second problem, which come to think of it really isn't small either. I had multiple kidney stones. I went to the ER with hurendous lower back pain. I was DX with kidney stones, and sent on my way with pain killers. They said I'd pass the stones through my urinary tract. A month goes by of straining my urine. Still no stones. I go back to the ER, and same thing happens. Well for S#@$'s and giggles, I decided to go to a civilian ER. I was admited, and told that I had to have the stones removed imediately or it would damage my kidneys from the blockage(wasn't urinating a lot). The largest ston was 11mm in diameter. I was told the average stone size is between 4-6 mm. They couldn't believe I walked into the hospital.

Now, as far as my PCP, and treatment other than these instances has been great. The second instance really has me guessing the ER though. The problem is that the facility is located right next to PITT University. Not even 100ft away. You can only imagine the number of interns that come through that place. Sometimes that can be a good thing, but in that second instance of horrendous treatment it wasnt.