VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Last C&p Exam

Rate this question

mike/3/8/cav

Question

Jan 20th 2009, when I went up for an exam for my recurring headaches. The doctor asked a few questions about the frequency and how bad they were. I discussed this for about 10-15 minutes with him. After I got home and about two weeks later I asked for the exam results and received them a week or so ago.

This doctor did not touch me except he shook my hand after we were done talking. The exam he wrote up says he took my blood pressure, temp, weight, height, pulse, respiratory rate, motor exam, sensory exam. How is it he could do all that by talking to me for about 15 minutes and shaking my hand on the way out? How can I prove none of this took place?This is the only disagreement I have run into since I began this adventure. Any help?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs)02/25/2009 08:45 PM Mr. Bowen

Your claim for service connected headaches has been received and all evidence is of record. The rating board is looking at your claim to make a decision. However we are unable to give you an specific time frame of competition. We have also sent your information to the Veteran Hospital Administration. You can contact them at 907 257-4711 to schedule your exam for the Gulf War Registry.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

Pat Anderson

Veterans Service Center Manager

nrg

How to Contact VA:

On line: www.va.gov

By phone: 1-800-827-1000

1-800-829-4833 (TDD hearing impaired)

By letter: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

2925 Debarr RD

Anchorage,AK 99508 Inquirer02/12/2009 04:20 PM I am wondering what the status of my claim for headaches is. I was last examined on Jan 20th 2009? Also I am waiting for an exam that is for Gulf War Registery that I mailed the information on 2 Feb 2009. Thank you for looking into this for Also there is a refer to: HIMS-1. SSN: 1750

I guess it's a waiting game now. Only other question I have is I sent a request for a Gulf War Registery exam in and now it appears they want me to schedule it, Is that what this says? If I schedule it will I have to pay my way up to Anchorage or will VA travel approve it?

To all GW vets. The registery exam does not replace the C&P exam. Can be used for for diagnosis though. Good luck mine was a farce. PA said he was going to save some money and use the blood test, A lipid profile for the required blood test. He thumpped the chest a few times, listened to my heart, and carotids and said no brus noted. Hell, 6 months before I was in the hospital for the carotids 60-80 percent blockage on both sides. Legs are good to go said the PA, brace sitting on the exam table 6 inch scare on the left knee and a 14 inch scar on the right. Hearing is good had to take my hearing aid out for him to exam my ear. He did mention my reflexes were excemptional, VA diagnosed me with hyperreflexia, so now I alwasy ask thats a good thing isn't it. The part where they mail you the report within 2 weeks, I m still waiting for mine to arrive in the mail been 1 year now.

Only thing I have to say is they make a legal staement whicjh medical records are and how could they be so stupisd to write such nonsense down for otheirs in their profession to read. I do have to say I have 3 good docs and they do chuckle and laugh at some of the statements they read.

I was contacted by the registery way back in '96 and ask me if I wanted my exam in Ft. Sam Huoston or at the local VA. Local VA no way I said, so I go to the local VA in '08.

By the way your Gulf War Exam Travel will be paid for. I turned mine down with a laff because it would cost more for the transaction (I live 2 miles from the hospital).

Keep your powder dry Mike.

To all GW vets. The registery exam does not replace the C&P exam. Can be used for for diagnosis though. Good luck mine was a farce. PA said he was going to save some money and use the blood test, A lipid profile for the required blood test. He thumpped the chest a few times, listened to my heart, and carotids and said no brus noted. Hell, 6 months before I was in the hospital for the carotids 60-80 percent blockage on both sides. Legs are good to go said the PA, brace sitting on the exam table 6 inch scare on the left knee and a 14 inch scar on the right. Hearing is good had to take my hearing aid out for him to exam my ear. He did mention my reflexes were excemptional, VA diagnosed me with hyperreflexia, so now I alwasy ask thats a good thing isn't it. The part where they mail you the report within 2 weeks, I m still waiting for mine to arrive in the mail been 1 year now.

Only thing I have to say is they make a legal staement whicjh medical records are and how could they be so stupisd to write such nonsense down for otheirs in their profession to read. I do have to say I have 3 good docs and they do chuckle and laugh at some of the statements they read.

I was contacted by the registery way back in '96 and ask me if I wanted my exam in Ft. Sam Huoston or at the local VA. Local VA no way I said, so I go to the local VA in '08.

By the way your Gulf War Exam Travel will be paid for. I turned mine down with a laff because it would cost more for the transaction (I live 2 miles from the hospital).

Keep your powder dry Mike.

bb,

You know the place on the exam form they mail you. It asks if a medical opinion was asked for? I never asked for one in my last exams but I'm gonna on this next one for sure.

Good Advice. I have only had 2 C&P in this decade. I never recieved a form only a plce and time. My first 2 were 3 months out opf the desert. I more or less walked out of the desert into civilian life. Had to Hitch Hike back to the Upper Midwest Desret crud , BDU's and rucksack on my back. Yes, even my bayonet. I had no ets physical. Had a look over at the VA in Mil;wakee the Doc was 2 hours late and so drunk he could barely stand up.

• HadIt.com Elder

It seems like on some C&P exams they don't do all that much, and find in favor of the Vet. Then on others they do a lot and come up with a very bad conclusion. This happened on my arm, the EMG that the VA contractor did was either incorrect or a lie, however my IMO of a Board Certified Doc showed significant nerve damage and the BVA found in favor of my IMO. So sometimes the more they do the worse off you will be, but not in every case.