VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod/form 9 Question

Rate this question

luvHIM

Question

As I have indicated in previous thread(s), I was granted a partial benefit on appeal.

In short, RO addressed my appeal from 2005 but not the NOD dated 05/2008. When do I file a form 9...have NOT received and SOC for the NOD dated 05/2008? Received SSOC Friday 13, 2009 informing me of their decision for entitlement to increase for my sc condition from 1979. They added the ankylosing spondylitis, which was addressed in the NOD but that was it.

Is that (the SSOC) serving as my response to the NOD? I can't get in touch with my NSO and I have all these questions. I didn't want to ask on here if they've already been asked. But I can't seem to find what I'm looking for when I do a search.

Should I wait for an SOC that specifically addresses the claim decision from 2008...before filing form 9...or not? Thank you, in advance, for responses...I could use your assistance with this. If I need to prepare a form 9, I believe I only have about two months. Right?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes-that makes sense to me-

we should all be granted membership in the state Attorney Bar Associations- because we all have such vast legal knowledge of the VA-

more than VA does sometimes

Yes-that makes sense to me-

we should all be granted membership in the state Attorney Bar Associations- because we all have such vast legal knowledge of the VA-

more than VA does sometimes

:rolleyes: LOLLLL

luv,

Being that the AS has now been SC'd with a EED I would think the secondary disabilities

would follow granting SC to those.

Where, when and how does the PTSD Claim come in.

I'm getting a little confused but will try and hang in there with you.

If I miss your post PM me and bring it to my attention.

carlie

luv,

Being that the AS has now been SC'd with a EED I would think the secondary disabilities

would follow granting SC to those.

Where, when and how does the PTSD Claim come in.

I'm getting a little confused but will try and hang in there with you.

If I miss your post PM me and bring it to my attention.

carlie

Carlie, I will PM you on the PTSD claim. Thanks.

Got the response from IRIS inquiry today that states DRO is still reviewing the NOD dated 05/2008 and will send SOC and Form 9 when that process is completed. So, I guess I got my question answered. Thanks for your help.

Got the response from IRIS inquiry today that states DRO is still reviewing the NOD dated 05/2008 and will send SOC and Form 9 when that process is completed. So, I guess I got my question answered. Thanks for your help.

I don't know what state your in but I filed a NOD 12/08, I was told it will be at least a year before I get reviewed by a DRO.

My nod is still in development stage, so I am told. I don't care about the NOD just want my medical claims that have been pending for a year decided, those I do care about. Then I will care about the NOD.