VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review Process Help?

Rate this question

sunfish34

Question

I filed a NOD for my dh sc back injury Jan 8th 09, we recieved a letter today asking if he wants

to do a DRO review, is that the best way to go, and when we send in the reply do we send

in any new evidence? He also has two other claims in process, I have a feeling this is going

to take some more time and work, So far he is rated 10% for knee injury.Thank you

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Request a DRO with a DE Novo review and a personal hearing. This way a Decision Review Officer will throughly review your file completely (AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO HERE), and then you present your evidence at a hearing where you talk and it is recorded. Any NEW evidence you may have you give here and any written NEW info too. This way when the DRO reviews what they have, and what you handed in, and reviews the transcript of the hearing then that person can make a more informed opinion. Mine took 7 1/2 mths to even get the transcript and make the decision. Went from 30-50.

Don't be

I filed a NOD for my dh sc back injury Jan 8th 09, we recieved a letter today asking if he wants

to do a DRO review, is that the best way to go, and when we send in the reply do we send

in any new evidence? He also has two other claims in process, I have a feeling this is going

to take some more time and work, So far he is rated 10% for knee injury.Thank you

Do we send a formal letter asking for a DRO hearing??? We are moving from Michigan to Gulf Shores AL. Do we have to drive to Detroit to get a copy of c-file? We live about 4 hours from there. I just don't want it all lost, We did send new evidence with our nod along with a nexus

letter from orhtopaedic dr and letter from ssd stating why he cannot work, will that help his case?

Thank you so much for all your help.

Sunfish- is there an adequate nexus for the claim in his SMRs?

yes he hurt his back aboard ship and they even said so in the denial letter they sent us

also he was in a big car accident while in the service and treated for injuries at the base

hospital