VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Poolguy Or Others

Rate this question

Hoppy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Is it a waste of time or cause excessive reading to submit BVA decisions in support of your claim in advance of an RO decision?

I have found so many BVA awards for panic disorder with less symptomology and duration of in service symptoms than the guy who I am helping. It makes me wonder if the RO's are not just denying panic disorder claims just to get the BVA to handle them.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I submitted about 6 BVA decisions with the rest of my evidence when I initially filed my claim. They were listed in the evidence submitted section, but not in any of the reasons and basis sections. I would send them, though. If nothing else, it shows the rater that the vet has done his homework and will call them out on any funny business in a heartbeat.

Is it a waste of time or cause excessive reading to submit BVA decisions in support of your claim in advance of an RO decision?

I have found so many BVA awards for panic disorder with less symptomology and duration of in service symptoms than the guy who I am helping. It makes me wonder if the RO's are not just denying panic disorder claims just to get the BVA to handle them.

I agree with Rental. I send in copies of the BVA decisions and highlight the areas that more closely resemble my conditions/claim. It shows you've done your homework and also supplies them with a precedence that has been set. Even though the VA says that a prior decision does not set a precedent, it is very difficult for them to deny you on the same issues they approved someone else on. And like Rental says, you put them on notice that you know they have approved similar cases and that you won't stop until you are awarded what you or the person you represent deserves. Some RO's seem like they want to settle claims at their level and others do seem to just let the BVA handle the hard ones.

• HadIt.com Elder

I also agree with Rental but I would take it 1 step farther. I also submitted Veterans court cases that carry more weight than the BVA decisions. It shows you are willing to go the extra distance to succeed.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

In 1991 I filed for Panic Disorder and it was not an easy road. However. it was decided at Waco VARO also not an easy place to deal with. To this day the final 100% decision was made cause I asked President Clinton to help me pointed out that I had been receiving Social Security for over 5 years and the VA was going to cause me to lose my home and everything I had worked for. I got 100% in less than 1 month and a thank you letter from President Clinton for my Service.

• Founder

hoppy i think you will get better results if you change your topic to something like "submit bva awards with claim?"