VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Extra Benefits At 50%

Rate this question

Signal6

Question

I thought I read somewhere there are extra benefits if you reach 50%. Other than the obvious extra compensation, are there other benefits if you are 50% or greater?

Thanks

Tom

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Also you are going to have to call the pharmacy and let them know you are 50%, along with any other places you may have been paying copays and they will reimburse with a retro check from the date of your award. May not be much I do not know your situation but no sense leaving money on the table.

You also get your hunting and fishing license free or at a greatly reduced cost. Check your state benefits also.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just take your award letter to the means test folks and they will enter it inthe computer, It most likely its already there from the Regional office but you need to let the Administrators know to be safe.

The updated computer is the key to not paying co-payments.

50 percent also puts you into priority group 1.

J

Thanks for the info, I knew there was something about 50%. I think it was the copay I read about in the past. Does anyone know if this has any effect on military retired pay? I thought someone posted something about 50% being the magic number for retired pay.

• HadIt.com Elder

Signals, hello I am not sure what you are asking, but can try to guess. After reaching 50% disability compensation a military retiree is eligible for concurrent reciept of disability payment (crdp). Thats explained here at Hadit (search) and also at Dfas website.

All I could come up with just now,

God Bless, Cg'up2009!

Thanks for the info, I knew there was something about 50%. I think it was the copay I read about in the past. Does anyone know if this has any effect on military retired pay? I thought someone posted something about 50% being the magic number for retired pay.