VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request For Increase A "appeal'? 2nd Authorization?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok, thats a funny question; since the disability needs to be service connected in the first place for an 'increase' request to be considered.

So, with an increase for claim (or appeal) so far, my claim is rated, was told dfas and va reviewed the payments, was told claim was signed and

is ready for promulgation.Now I hear, Dfas has once again completed another step as well as Va, and its ready for authorization signature again. Even got a internal suspense date they're using says maybe early March..

So, I am confused if I have an appeal going or a simple request for increase? Was wondering if there is a new layer of quality claim reviews at the Va or Dro.

cg

Edited by cowgirl

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Sometimes a reopened claim is referred to as a claim for increase. In order for the claim to be an appeal you would have had to fill out a Form 9. You also would have received a Statement of the Case (SOC).

• HadIt.com Elder

A request for an increase in rating of an existing SC condition is not an appeal. When you get the decision on the request for increase then you start the appeals process by filing a NOD. When your NOD is processed you should get a SOC with appeal information. You can go the DRO route or the BVA route to appeal your decision.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks, Okay, so a increase request isnt an appeal, just guess the double checks and delays got me curious about my claim for increase.

Last month IRIS said my claim was rated, then dfas and va finance informaton gathered, going for promulgation and would be finished in about 2-4 weeks. That was mid Jan; this is mid Feb, now am told that dfas just input system data and va authorization is next, ready for the RO signature. Expect something early March. What an odd sequence of events, repetitive.

Sounded more like appeal with the delays.

S'pose I'll try patience now,

Cg'up2009!

A request for an increase in rating of an existing SC condition is not an appeal. When you get the decision on the request for increase then you start the appeals process by filing a NOD. When your NOD is processed you should get a SOC with appeal information. You can go the DRO route or the BVA route to appeal your decision.