VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Catch 22

Rate this question

simple fly

Question

i have never received any money for hearing loss through the va,i do get 10% for tinnitus. i work for the federal govt on loud noisy jet engines for the past 35 years. getting ready to retire,they send us for a hearing test..i have bilateral severe neural hearing loss.so they send me to the department of labor to be compensated for my hearing loss.

department of labor accepted my claim,sent me for hearing aids ,and told me to turn in a ca-7 form for a cash award. this morning they called me and told me they was not going to pay me because the va is paying me.i've never got paid for hearing loss.i protested and the kind lady told me that the va should be paying for my hearing loss...now what do i do with that information?????

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Have you ever had a rating/denial for hearing loss from the VA? Do you know what you audio exam was coming out of the service? When were you first noted to have hearing loss? If it was after you were out of the service and working for DOL, where you were exposed to harzardous noise, its on them.

i was a jet engine mechanic,crew chief on fighter aircraft.it was noted on my discharge that i had hearing loss,i don't have the report at my desk. i applied immedieatly and was denied,5 years later i applied and was given 10% tinnitus and zero percent hearing loss. after discharge i went to work for the airforce and have continued in a noise hazard area.

• HadIt.com Elder

simple fly,

By your post, DOL is blowing smoke up your A$$, as is the norm for this sort of claim. Did you file a CA-2 for this claim?

• HadIt.com Elder

The DOL via OWCP is BSing you. You should be able to get what is known as a schedual award for the hearing loss. Even if you were getting money from the VA you could still get the award from DOL because your work has aggravated your original injury(hearing loss). The DOL will use any excuse to not pay. Their henchman is the OWCP(Oh,We Can't Pay). File the CA-2 if you have not done that already. When your doctor says you have reached MMI you then apply for the award from the DOL.

The DOL via OWCP is BSing you. You should be able to get what is known as a schedual award for the hearing loss. Even if you were getting money from the VA you could still get the award from DOL because your work has aggravated your original injury(hearing loss). The DOL will use any excuse to not pay. Their henchman is the OWCP(Oh,We Can't Pay). File the CA-2 if you have not done that already. When your doctor says you have reached MMI you then apply for the award from the DOL.

[/q

moderators,please move this to social chat.it has gotten too non va..thanks...jim

john,all that is done,c and p's done,hearing loss granted,they just balked at the sheduled award.

• HadIt.com Elder

"john,all that is done,c and p's done,hearing loss granted,they just balked at the sheduled award."

Are you saying DOL accepted the claim, then deneied the SA?