VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu

Rate this question

RSG

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

RSG

You put in a claim for depression in 1969 and were denied. What was the reason for denial? I at least got a 10% rating back in 1971. I think I would consider hiring a lawyer for the CUE because the VA is going to probably deny it.

What evidence did the VA have of pre-existing condition? They did the same song and dance with me, but even worse. They said I had a personality disorder, but the VA doctor said schizophrenia. I bet they were sorry he said that because they had to compensate me, but they did low ball me. Did you get a medical discharge? The VA is very strict about CUE claims and wording can explode your good claim. It is good to get a lawyer for these claims that involve CUE. It is legal jazz and the wrong word can blast your claim to bits. That pre-existing BS is really an injustice. They took you as you were and then want to claim you were damaged goods.

I do plan to hire a lawyer for the Cue claim. i want the TDIU to get done first.I will hire an attorney for that as well, if nthey deny it, I have evidence up the YAzoo now! VAR's don't multitask, on one task very well.

DUH!

Tnx

Edited by RSG

• HadIt.com Elder

RSG

I agree with you. Get the TDIU and then while you are counting your money you can file the CUE claim. The TDIU does not involve the legal issues and the tricky language that a CUE claim involves. You know the VA warns vets that a CUE is a "rare type of error" so you want to be ready with good evidence, and legal arguments. I know that my lawyer says I have a obvious CUE back to 1971, but others have offered up arguments that seem to deflate that idea, so I am hopeful, but I want to leave it in the hands of someone who gets paid to win these claims. The lawyers have every motivation to win because it is a jackpot for them since they get 20% of retro, and for me and you that means 20-30 years of retro. I believe there are many of us out there from Vietnam era who had terrible decisions full of errors.

RSG

I agree with you. Get the TDIU and then while you are counting your money you can file the CUE claim. The TDIU does not involve the legal issues and the tricky language that a CUE claim involves. You know the VA warns vets that a CUE is a "rare type of error" so you want to be ready with good evidence, and legal arguments. I know that my lawyer says I have a obvious CUE back to 1971, but others have offered up arguments that seem to deflate that idea, so I am hopeful, but I want to leave it in the hands of someone who gets paid to win these claims. The lawyers have every motivation to win because it is a jackpot for them since they get 20% of retro, and for me and you that means 20-30 years of retro. I believe there are many of us out there from Vietnam era who had terrible decisions full of errors.

Yep,

my decisions are so full of errors it would amaze you.

Edited by RSG