VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc - How Long Has Your Case Been There?

Rate this question

akwidow

Question

My service rep called me today and informed me that his man on the inside told him that AMC had recently cleared out the "old cases" 2003 and earlier, and were working on 2004 cases. Since my case is a March 2004 case, my eyebrows went up a bit, but I thought I would check here on the board and see if there were folks out there that had a pending case filed earlier than mine that was at AMC who have yet to hear any word in writing about their appeal. I want to corroborate that information with you and yours. Something tells me I can believe you more than them.

Thanks again for the honor of belonging to this great group of people helping people,

akwidow

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Mine has been there since Sping 2005. My current situation is that the Doctor on my C&P exam for my foot did not mention if my ankle problem was service connected or not, although my IMO does. Same thing with PTSD, I have a diagnosis from IMO, and 2 VA Psych docs, and they want the last one to opine if Felony Investigation work would contribute to PTSD, even after he articulated already that it did. So these 2 doctors still have to chime in again before they will rate it. So I wait some more.

My case went to AMC in Sept 2008. The sent me letter in October. I had already sent them additional info and argument and also evidence VA ignored -as mentioned in the BVA remand.Case went to Seattle RO in Jan.2009.

Status as of yesterday- a post coach is awaiting my response and my letter under the VA Fast Letter #08-41.

The evidence packet I sent to them in Oct, received by them Oct 3rd, has been destroyed.

I have to copy and send to them all of my evidence again unless they call me and tell me they didnt destroy it and they found it.

They just received the claims file from Seattle and my request that they CUE the Seattle decision.

I dealt with the director's office.Those numbers are here at hadit.

You can send them an Iris -put Washington into the state thing at the VA web site Iris email form.

Or you can call them and ask for a status of your claim.

AMC 1-866-258-0341 -at some point you have to hit #1,#2,#3,#0 and a rep will answer the call.

Berta, do I understand you to say that your case left AMC denied and went to Seattle RO for appeal?

On another note that may be helpful -

I had made a pdf file of all of my evidence when I was remanded and allowed to submit more pertinent data. It included my 15 page brief and 155 pages of supporting documentation. When I learned of Shreddergate, I was easily able to pop a copy of all the data in the mail by cd and resend with return receipt in Dec 2008.

I think your fast response was due to your diligence and reputation! Even though they did you dirty, you never give up, and that is a trait to respect.

Can you get the Adobe program (Adobe Acrobat Standard) to make your own copies of all the paper you have to file? You send a thin CD and they have to print their own. It is labor saving and an excellent record documentation method. it also makes the documents unchangable. I keep a copy of the file on my records hard drive with a couple back-up copies in the cd library I keep here at the ranch. PFD's are also easy to send via email...that is how I copied the data to my service rep.

BTW - I ws told last week by VA on the 800-827-1000 line that the AMC number 866-258-0341 does not ring into AMC anymore, that it rolls over to 800-827-1000. Operators there answer and the last one I heard did not have access to either portal that gives them much information to tell about your case. I then wrote to my service rep with inquiries as to status, and his email came back as no longer existing. Then I wrote the same email to the head honcho service rep in DC, who contacted my local service rep wherupon the local one called me. The local one called me the next day with information after he had talked to the Service Rep "inside" the AMC.

Based on the reports of folks in this thread, it looks like there is a wide disparity to the length of time a file rests at AMC before a finding is made. Does more squeeking get more grease? I know how to make noise. Is silence golden?I know how to be patient. In a few days my one and only case will be five years old. I slam dunked them December 2007 after my remand with dot connecting information proving stressors using their own information and a little I dug up on my own. I even gave them a itemized timeline with corresponding numerically listed information.

Because of their remand statement they handed me the next SC malady, and thanks to you Berta I know what that is.

My case went to AMC in Sept 2008. The sent me letter in October. I had already sent them additional info and argument and also evidence VA ignored -as mentioned in the BVA remand.Case went to Seattle RO in Jan.2009.

Status as of yesterday- a post coach is awaiting my response and my letter under the VA Fast Letter #08-41.

The evidence packet I sent to them in Oct, received by them Oct 3rd, has been destroyed.

I have to copy and send to them all of my evidence again unless they call me and tell me they didnt destroy it and they found it.

They just received the claims file from Seattle and my request that they CUE the Seattle decision.

I dealt with the director's office.Those numbers are here at hadit.

You can send them an Iris -put Washington into the state thing at the VA web site Iris email form.

Or you can call them and ask for a status of your claim.

AMC 1-866-258-0341 -at some point you have to hit #1,#2,#3,#0 and a rep will answer the call.

I am going to send my evidence on disks to others in VA system just in case the letter I am preparing (to include all of the evidence again-gets lost,mishandled or shredded.

Again.

I am a little concerned that they might misunderstand what is in the packet with the disk.

They were in an uproar when I sent them some of my husband's ashes in 1996, as evidence for my DIC claim.

I had by then 2 or 3 denials.Award came a few months later.

The AMC farmed me out to Seattle VARO who made a decision in 5 days after receipt -without any of my evidence.

I put the Onus on AMC as I have the tracking slips that showed the AMC not only got this all again from me, but I even sent Dir. Russo a letter of concern because they said they didnt get it- and then they said they had received it.

But I charged them with getting it and then destroying it.

I hope you read the advise I posted in the other forum to you.

DIC claims can be very difficult.

The death of the veteran must have been caused or contributed to by a service connected disability.

There are other DIC scenarios too but I dont think they would apply to you.

They are all found here at hadit.