VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible Malpractice?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Livingrock, glad you posted on forum and asked for advice. It is frustrating to have to deal with pain and pharmacy needs. But keep standing up for yourself, you'll make it. I am sorry that you are struggling to get the care you need. I know you'll help them get it right.

Had a pharmacy issue a short while back. There is one med that I 'have to' take daily, had delayed mail delivery, traveled to the pharmacy for a 'carry-over' amount. The pharmacy clerk was stubborn mule sitting on dull hindquarters and read my computerized VA medical records for several (10) minutes ?, screen facing 'him' only, while I waited anxiously. Well, I got the 'carryover' meds, at a price. Won't do that again, that was nervewracking.

Family doc was right, be cautious about wanting medical records computerized. Hippa or not, it'd take a month of Sundays to see who had access to records at one time or another..etc. (sorry, my rant!)

Do take care, you deserve kindness and sound like you need support if not by the patient advocate maybe the behavioral health clinic. For instance, another clinic refused to release a report, my psych dr. practiced his sailors language, trotted me directly to the clinic; needless to say, I got the report. (even a telephone call woulda worked, but he was stoked). So in the future, maybe I'll use Bertas game plan and call for behavorial health backup..smiles.

God Bless and good luck,

Cg'up2009!

Just tried calling the patient advocates office. I'm going to give them an hour-hour and a half and then try calling back. I'll let them know in that message (if they don't pick up again) that I'll be down at the VAMC all day tomorrow, and that I'll be in and our of their office plus the directors office.

I'm just adjitated at this point... I've had enough, and I'm not taking this crap anymore. I was hoping to have some resolution by now. My physicians nurse wants a call by the end of the day to let her and my physician know what's going on. I've been thinking about this all day, and I'm wondering how much of this is their fault. Also, their telling me that they want to help, but in the same sentence telling me their going to take me off the weak pain med that they have me on. Actually, the way she worded it made it sound like it'd be an abrupt suspension of the medication which would cause me to withdraw, now you tell me how that's helping. The know none of this is my fault, but their adding to the problem/stress. I believe I'm going to get them involved in my conversation with whomever decides to help me.

AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!! Ok, I feel a tiny bit better..

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

"Family doc was right, be cautious about wanting medical records computerized. Hippa or not, it'd take a month of Sundays to see who had access to records at one time or another..etc. (sorry, my rant!)"

Funny that you should mention this. My wife just enrolled in Northwestern University's Master in Medical Informatics. She already has her BSN and her MPh.

Looks like she'll be employed for a while to come before anyone thinks about laying her off. The President is going to throw a few Kazzilion Dollars at this speciality. Tank youse Mr. Obama!

I swear I have the worst luck. I just hit submit and I got an error, and of course when I hit the back button my post disappeared. I guess I'll try to rewrite what I had wrote.

Cowgirl, you are such a kind sweet heart. Every one on here deserves a standing ovasion(SP). I cannot say in words how appreciative I am that you guys/gals help other veterans such as your self. Even though other people may not say it, I'm sure everyone else feels the way that I do. Please keep up the good job. I really don't know where I'd be at this second if it weren't for you all. I'd probably be locked up, or in a patty wagon on my way.

Like I said, I got my problem taken care of, I'm now just waiting on my PCM to put a new consult in the system. After I called the clinic for the second time with a little 'firmer' words on their answering machine, I got a call back from the chief of the pain clinic. He was appauld at the situation, and couldn't believe this was happening in his clinic. He may have just been putting on a show, but he seemed sincere. He appoligized, and also appoligized on the 'treating' dr.'s behalf for the way he treated me. He re-assured me that I wont be having any other problems in his clinic, to make sure of this, he actually gave me his office number and told me to call with even the smallest problem.

Lessons Learned:

- A few polite, but firm words can honestly go a long way. It didn't hurt that I had proof of them mistreating me, and supposibly had my PCM backing me up.

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, but I'm just happy to finally have an appointment. The chief of the clinic is actually the one that scheduled me.

• HadIt.com Elder

See, One More Battle....Fought and Won!

Way ta go!

I know, we all know, what it is to be either in pain, or to be ignored.......but, to be both in pain and ignored is JUST NOT RIGHT!