VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Survivor Getting To View The C File

Rate this question

akwidow

Question

How do I go about asking to view my late husband's C File? As survivor, I am allowed, right?

Since my case is at AMC, wouldn't the C File be there also?

I am going to Anchorage next week, and will have an opportunity to make this request in person. I do not, However, want to make this request and have the request delay the progress of my claim processing. Catch 22....

I was told that since I still have the ability to add additional data to my claim, that I should. I have exhausted all other avenues, but I bet there is something in that C file that would help my cause.

Thanks for your advice,

Akwidow

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

forgot to add-

The Nehmer Court Order and Stipulation expanded the rights of all survivors of Agent Orange veterans.

In their case-even a past denied accrued benefits claim can often be re-opened and the survivor or next of kin could potentially attain retro accrued- due to Nehmer because they are class action members of the Nehmer lawsuit which NVLSP won.

This would involve those AO death claims denied in the past and then the condition was added to the presumptive list.I am oversimplfying the Nehmer regs-as there ar many classes of individuals in the Nehmer Class Action case. They are all here at hadit

The widow here does not have an AO presumptive case.