VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Almost Checked Out This Morning.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I went in for a simple nerve block procedure and ended up on a stretcher with a whole bunch of docs working on me. It seems that during the procedure they put 2 spinal needles into my neck as were injecting some numbing meds and steroids. Yhe needles were not too painful. The first injection hurt like hell. The second one flat did me in. My heart rate dropped below 40 and I was sick to my stomach and broke out into a cold sweat. I had no Idea where I was at or what had happened.

They kept me on a stretcher for a long time.

Atropine will bring the heart rate up but it will make you drink for the next 2 days.

J

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad your still with us JB. This is what I'm afraid of with my neck and back problems. Think I'll pass on the needle stuff in the neck.

• HadIt.com Elder

It was heading toward zero but the Doc caught it and started pumping the accelerator meds.

They said it was caused by the pain of the injections.

If you neck folks dont have to get this done, Dont. The next step is to burn the nerves. I will do that only under sedation.

As for the VA Doc who did the procedure, He was great. One of the Best VA Docs I have seen.

J