VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Physical Therapy Before C&p?

Rate this question

reTIRED

Question

Scheduled for Back c&p Tuesday. Today I get appoint letter for PT prior to the exams. First of all, the only treatments I get from the VA are MH. My other issues are handled in a private pain clinic. Can't help but thinking that they will loosen me up

or a better ROM during the exam. I sure hope that's not the case, but.........

Brian

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Is the PT appointment tied to the C&P exam? If they are then I think you need to go, if not then I would think rescheduling would be the thing to do. If you didn't request the PT, you might want to see who ordered it for you.

On the other hand, if anything, the PT will not loosen you up. You'll be sore if you do much. The raters might want the therapists view of things before they make a decision.

I had spine stabilization therapy a couple years ago. Each time after 45 minutes of the exercises I laid on an ice pack under my low back for 10 minutes. The ice helped a lot. A first appointment usually doesn't consist of any more than an coming up with an assessment and treatment plan.

Good luck to ya,

--Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

I spent a month in the lock up Ward before I even filed my claim. I went in thinking I was crazy and now I know that I have a brain that is not wired correctly and I am not crazy. As weird as this seems it gives me comfort. My C&Ps came 8 or 9 months later.

Update

The PT is part of the C&P exam. My only real concern is that is I'm not ready for therapy do to the recent neurostimulator implant.

I guess the worst thing that could happen, would be for them to dislodge my leads & I could start all over again. <_< B) B) ;) :o :P

Scheduled for Back c&p Tuesday. Today I get appoint letter for PT prior to the exams. First of all, the only treatments I get from the VA are MH. My other issues are handled in a private pain clinic. Can't help but thinking that they will loosen me up

or a better ROM during the exam. I sure hope that's not the case, but.........

Brian

The Therapist only did ROM.