VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quick Question

Rate this question

bern381

Question

If I hand carry evidence to the VARO how long should it take to be associated with my file. On January 18th I submitted evidence for my claim and the good people at the 1-800# tell me that there is record of the evidence being submitted. I listed my evidence on the form (4138???) and I signed in at the VARO. If the evidence has been lost or misplaced, do I have any recourse. I am getting frustrated because I have been waiting on on DRO review for the better part of 2 years.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If I hand carry evidence to the VARO how long should it take to be associated with my file. On January 18th I submitted evidence for my claim and the good people at the 1-800# tell me that there is record of the evidence being submitted. I listed my evidence on the form (4138???) and I signed in at the VARO. If the evidence has been lost or misplaced, do I have any recourse. I am getting frustrated because I have been waiting on on DRO review for the better part of 2 years.

Wow, that's a long time to be waiting on a DRO review. Have you ever received an SOC? Are you still at the same address you were at when you first filed the NOD? Is it a reconsideration? I mean, what exactly is the claim for? Have you already gotten a response to this question you posted?

The evidence for an appeal often is not logged into the system. It will go to your file and a SSOC will be issused if it is additional evidence. It usually takes five days to get mail under control. Make sure you get a stamped copy of what you turn in.

That happened here waited 4 yearsfor DRO-I believe going to my Congressman helped speed up the process- some might disagree-had a DRO and A BVA within 9 months of each other--One time we hand delivered papers to the VARO and the woman told us it was in the "development managers desk" and she would take it right up --and we waited /while we thought thats what she did--I guess she went for a pee instead- because 4 months later it wasn't in the file!!!!! You goota keep on it- we are in 11 years been to DRO_BVA_AMC and now we are back at the RO-

even to the extent the appeal was granted_ but THEY NEED ONE MORE CP EXAM/

GOOD LUCK!! JUST BE A PEST TO THEM---

Depends on the RO in question. This is a big disconnect at some RO's. Some Appeals teams us VACOLS (Veterans Appeals Control and Locator System) to track everything which means that your mail didn't go into a "system" (Map-D, etc.). VACOLS doesn't seem to track mail/evidence as well as Map-D (Modern Award Processing - Development) does.

Triage teams work through the mail to route it to specific teams. They input evidence into Map-D where it is "tracked". VACOLS is a good system for tracking Appeals, but lacks when it comes to tracking mail. Triage generally just routes the mail to the Appeals team.

Depends on the RO in question. This is a big disconnect at some RO's. Some Appeals teams us VACOLS (Veterans Appeals Control and Locator System) to track everything which means that your mail didn't go into a "system" (Map-D, etc.). VACOLS doesn't seem to track mail/evidence as well as Map-D (Modern Award Processing - Development) does.

Triage teams work through the mail to route it to specific teams. They input evidence into Map-D where it is "tracked". VACOLS is a good system for tracking Appeals, but lacks when it comes to tracking mail. Triage generally just routes the mail to the Appeals team.

Meddac be one smart cookie!!!!! However, all RO's should be using VACOLS only for appeal actions and yep tracking evidence is non-exsistant in VACOLS as it was developed to track the claims folder during appeals.

However, to give my guess on how long - most if not all RO's normally get to received mail and it is routed to the appropriate team within 5-7 days.