VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Project Salute-pro Bono Lawyers For Vets

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.law.udmercy.edu/academics/vetclinic/nat_tour.php

Their help is for low income vets.Free.

Bob Walsh, notable CAVC vet's attorney is Professor too-teaching these lawyers VA law and the VA claims process at University of Detroit Mercy.

He wants me to help one of them with an article on VA claims-

I will post a link here to it when we get that done.

Best to fill out the form and send it to them if you plan on asking them to see you during their mobile tours.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Berta

I went to the link you indicated. I saw where I could volunteer if I was a lawyer, or where I could donate money to their cause. However, I could not locate anyplace where a low income Veteran with legal issues could request a pro bono lawyer.

Was I just not looking well enough? If you could post that link, it would be helpfull. Thanks.

Speaking of lawyers for Vets, can you answer this riddle for me?

In a "regular" court, they often award attorney's fees to the prevailing party. In other words if the judge decided in favor of the Veteran, then it would be logical that the VA would be required to pay the attorney fees..not the Veteran.

This would appear to not be the case with the VA, however one lawyer sent me information claiming that there would not be a fee to the Vet..that his fee would come from the VA. I kind of sat on his forms for a while, and now, he is not taking any more cases..I dont know if this is a bait and switch ploy or what?

I just dont get it..could you shed some light on the issue of who pays for the attorney fees, please? Thanks

Peggy Costello- of Project Salute -was my guest on Feb 20th 2007 at SVR veterans show- available in the Stardust archives (link here at hadit)

she explained the income guidelines- I think it is 12,000 per annum but then again that could depend on many factors.

The site has email contact area as well as a form to fill out and any vet interested could obtain info that way-

This also can offer another way for vets to volunteer to helps vets-

I found out where they were stopping in NY- but not close to any American Legion I could get too-to help- so I sent them cash for coffee, pop and donuts last summer-

hopefully-there was enough for all the lawyers and all of the vets who showed up ( 400 of them at one stop !)

This is why they need to have the form filled out ahead of time- to try to fit everyone in.

I would think vets -even not in need in their legal services-can volunteer to help the AL or the various agencies for these stops, getting chairs out, maintaining toilet paper in bathrooms, etc-

even just talking to the vets who are waiting can be a lot of support as this can be an all day affair.

where can i a lawyer for low income in st pete fl

GOOGLE veteran lawyers pro bono st pete fl