VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cancer

Rate this question

rthomass

Question

:rolleyes:

I have been reading many posts since I joined HadIt; I have been tying to get direct service connection for NHL for four years . It were to be awarded my claim with say 100% diability today; and one year down the road I find the cancer has reocurred I assume that I will have to file another claim for the same condition. The system operates so slowly I dont't think that many cancer patients would survice any kind of claim time.

Keep seeing on this board if cancer is in remission the Vet should not receive compensation. I beg to differ. The hell that expoxure to Agent Orange and the many cancers caused by it should be compensated at some rate other than 0% even if it were in remission. Perhaps the VA has a graduated system that now allows the rate to fluctuate as to in remission or not in remission.. Anyone have any input?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually the avatar is a fairly accurate picture of my 14 year old golden retriever. We also have a 10 month old golden. They are great dogs. I think Randy has a golden also.

Too many cancer patients suffer financial hardship way way too long because of the VA's long lengthy claim system. The peak's and valleys, doing better-doing terrible, the VA Regional Offices just can not keep up. Once service connection is granted (especially) they need to expedite payment of benefits. Possibly--the solution partially may be to centralize cancer claims within two or more regional offices?? Regardless, doing better or worse in level of disability--I would much rather see the VARO error on behalf of the veteran, such as paying them 100% until they have been in remission at least 5 years (example), then pay permanent rating of a fair percentage(?)

VMO

Every six months the VA claims I am cancer free. Only the VA says you are cancer free after 6 months.

jim