VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Did Not Look At The Evidence For A 2007 Claim

Rate this question

Maurice

Question

Where is Congress when you need them......I placed a claim in 2007 for a neck, shoulders,and arms pain. I was injury in basic training and have been treated at the VAMC since 1979. VA did not look at the evidence from the VAMC. I called the VA and was to told to appeal the claim. Do anyone have advice for me? Help a Veteran please? God bless you all on your claims

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I see you are 100%-was this to set stage for SMC?

Did the VA list your evidence in the evidence section?

Even if they did- did they fail to consider it at all?

You might be a victim of shreddergate-

read the stuff here as to the IG audit and recent hearings about how the VA has found to have deliberately destroyed claims evidence from vets and widows.

When you received your VCAA did you tell them that there was medical records at the VAMC. It is the VAs responsibility to get evidence from any government agency, however, you have to tell them where the documents are located.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know if the VA could be forced to just list all the evidence in a claim decision that would be a major victory. How many have had evidence lost at the VA raise their hands? I learned in a hurry that the VA was going to either lose my evidence or just ignore it. Even when they list it they can put a twist on it that turns an expensive IMO into evidence against your claim. They have done that to me more than once by picking out two words from a three page IMO to deny a claim. In my recent CUE the VA refused to even address the issue I raised. Some here might not believe the VA is capable of doing these really underhanded things, but they are for sure capable of it. They can take one sentence of a claim and use it to hang you.