VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Want To File A Complaint

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

In June, I had a EMG test done at a VA Hospital, I m certain that the doctor did not have much experience with this machine. When he stuck the needle in my left calf area the pain scale went to ten. I just glared at him with disapproval and he apologized profusely, so he continued with the test and completed it. I felt like a lab rat with a Med student. To this day, I still have pain in the area where he stuck me with the needle. Where and whom would be the best place to complain?

The test results did not find anything, he kept telling me to relax but it was difficult after being stabbed.

I now know that because of muscle guarding that the results would prolly not find anything.

I m suppose to go to a Nerve Conduction Study March 23rd. Can I ask that the attending Dr. do this exam?

Paul

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have had 4 studies done on my leg. I know from experience what it feels like when they hit that calf muscle, it causes the leg to cramp and burn. It is a very painful test. I had one done 2 weeks ago in my left arm to my neck. Arm went dead on me from cramping. Muscle guarding won't cause false results. The speed of the shock is around 125 mph and that is why they measure.

As far as the doc get a neuro to do it. Most can't so good luck. I missing a few muscle in my right leg, but they still do the cattle prod on where all there is is bonne. Now that is like touching your spark plug on the lawn mower.

Good luck and hope they can find something. All mine come back is with bad news and the statement "Patient does not tolorate test well". Total tests now are 6.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had that test a couple of times and the first time 2 docs did it and the second time a German technician did it.

As I understand it a Doc is supposed to do it.

Filing a complaint now, in March...from a test in June...they might ask why you waited so long. Probably would have been better to file the complaint the next day. Just an opinion.

I did call but they said it was normal to feel pain possibly for several months. Ok, it's been several months.