VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Want To File A Complaint

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

In June, I had a EMG test done at a VA Hospital, I m certain that the doctor did not have much experience with this machine. When he stuck the needle in my left calf area the pain scale went to ten. I just glared at him with disapproval and he apologized profusely, so he continued with the test and completed it. I felt like a lab rat with a Med student. To this day, I still have pain in the area where he stuck me with the needle. Where and whom would be the best place to complain?

The test results did not find anything, he kept telling me to relax but it was difficult after being stabbed.

I now know that because of muscle guarding that the results would prolly not find anything.

I m suppose to go to a Nerve Conduction Study March 23rd. Can I ask that the attending Dr. do this exam?

Paul

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
In June, I had a EMG test done at a VA Hospital, I m certain that the doctor did not have much experience with this machine. When he stuck the needle in my left calf area the pain scale went to ten. Where and whom would be the best place to complain?

Paul, I had 16 emg's in the last 12 years. Legs, arms, and neck. What you described is normal in my opinion. Hurts like heck while being conducted and for a month or so later the muscles are really sore.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA guy whom did my arm was poking hard, but thank goodness for my nerve damage. He still wrote the report to say that there was no loss, my IMO from a BC Neurologist indicated significant loss. I have 40% from the BVA for that arm.

damn, I had this test on both arms and it came back that I have peripheral neuropathy and I am not diabetic. I went to the rheum. doc on the 6Th of FEB. for pain numbness and burning in my legs and neck. He is sending me back to neurology March 9Th. I am worried I have to do a few more EMGs. I hate needles and this test is only fun for the person who is giving the shocks. sorry no advice but I feel your pain.

Pete992