VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is Va Pension? Vba Fact Sheet

Rate this question

allan

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Ok..now you know what the law is, now I will tell you what VA pension really is:

Va Pension is one more hornswaggle technique to get out of paying you full TDIU.

Often, it is a "slight of hand" trick.

Here is how they manipulate it.

Ok..you applied for benefits, and they award you 30 or 40 percent. They are worried, since you have other conditions, and you are unemployed that you can get TDIU. So, they say, "Abra Ca Dabra"

and poof... award you NSC pension. They just denied your other conditions, and since you get some money, some Vets dont notice that VA pension is less than half of TDIU. The other "gotcha" is that they deduct ANY other money you earn from pension..Social Security, your wifes income, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING comes right out of VA pension. Most Vets dont figure this part out until its too late to appeal (one year), and then they owe the VA $5000 because their wife earned $5000 last year and they "overpaid" you.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

There are also vets turning 65 or that their illnesses are not service related that may need the Pension benefit.

I think what you described broncovet is how they handled my claims. It wasn't until four years after my rating for 30%SC & Pension, that I received what little of my SMR's the RO decided to part with. At the same time I couldn't get a firm diagnoses from the VAMC's. MS was suspected & treated for since 1994, but no firm diagnosis until 2005, outside of the VA system.

After I won SSDI, VA dropped the pension award. DAV was supposed to file for TDIU back in 98', but I don't think they ever did. At a RO hearing my SO said I had won my claim on all issues with the C&P results & he was filing for TDIU.

Well, the RO suppressed the results, claimed they never received it & ordered an IMO.

They took the consultant IMO results, over the VA C&P IME & denied the claim three days after they received the opinion.

I've been on the remand circuit ever since.