VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Have Issues With Iris Replies This Week?

Rate this question

Quint7

Question

I'm not sure if this goes in this forum anymore... still trying to figure out all of the new forum groups so sorry if it isn't in the correct place.

I sent an Iris 4 days ago asking about an update on my claim since it has been 3 months since my DRO hearing with no word from VA in the mail. I sent an Iris a month ago or so and got a reply later that day telling me they were waitng on the transcript of the tape. This time, nothing at all. The auto reply I got said it had been sent to 'VBA Response Center 2' and to expect an answer in 5 business days or less.

I'm just wondering if anyone had any issues with a delayed reply this week.

Thanks!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

A little saturday humor.. Newly opened VA call center in Hyderabad, India.

मेरा नाम महात्मा, आपकी आवाज अच्छी है और कम हो तो कृपया है. (my name is mahatma, please be nice and lower your voice.)

यह समीक्षा के अधीन है, और तुम VA से 18-24 महीनों में सुना जाएगा. (it is under review, and you will hear from VA in 18-24 months.)

मुझसे बताएँ. मैं कैसे, सर आपकी मदद कर सकता है? (tell me. how i can help you, sir?)

साहब, इस क्यू या संबंध तुम बस, यह अंग्रेज़ी है उल्लेख किया है? (sir, this CUE or NEXUS you just mentioned, is this english?)

यह क्या PTSD का क्या मतलब है? (what is the meaning of this PTSD?)

Have a happy weekend!

[ <ahttp://www.hadit.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif' alt=':rolleyes:'> How about this one... I sent an IRIS in early January in regards to an update on my claim. I never received a reply to it. I send another IRIS in late February asking the same question. Now I get an answer March 2 saying they have no evidence of my claim existing. One whole year of them telling me they are waiting for reports in their own damn computer - plus they gave me a C & P Exam for my hearing in November. I'm beginning to think the whole VA crew is from Mars...quote name='Meddac' date='Mar 6 2009, 08:16 PM' post='134266]

All of the RO's may not have completely phased the phone teams out yet. The phone teams seem to be located at regional call centers (other RO's).

Also depends on where you are calling from as to which call center picks up the phone.

You have reached the VA RO call Center.

Press 1 For English

*1 You have reached the claim center. We cant find your claim, so please press 2

*2 This is the suicide hotline. You speaka de good english, no? We seem to have trouble recruiting Iraqi suicide bomb truck drivers, you drive for us, ok?

Edited by broncovet

I noticed when i call 1 800 827 1000 wait press 1 then 2 then 3 then 0 then wait listening to that dum slide guitar a va agent will only tell you your file is filed or under review only after the decision is mailed can they tell you some thing this is the Cleveland call center i believe. Their favorite line is "well Mr. and Mrs. so and so we have not received that claim yet."

when you go to www.va.gov and put in an IRIS inquiry contact that to i believe goes to the same call center once again they look at the computer they essentially tell you the same thing the 1 800 827 1000 number tells very rarely in my dealing with them did they contact my local VARO unles the VA agent was execptionally nice which in my opinion IS EXTREMELY RARE AT BEST!!!

Here is an interesting point i have a friend whom i won't name is a vietnam vet moved to Canada and filed for reciprocity. Hum gotta find this vietnam friend of mine is smart!! Okay fine!! I go to the Canadian Dept of Veterans Affairs I stopped looking when I saw Bluecross Blueshield symbol private system or VA Bluecross Blueshield.

Now I'm asking questions and I'm wondering. Just an avererage vet person here. What went wrong here? What did i do to loose?

What am i doing wrong here? Ya gotta wonder?? I know i am. Ya know i looked at this site from Canadian VA with the red maple leaf and the VA Bluecross Blueshield emblem and I'm like ya know what did i do wrong here?? My vietnam buddy told me i let you think about that.

I'm going to add an uncertain smiley face on this response. Because I'm wondering and I'm uncertain about what i did wrong here.