Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Claim Granted

luvHIM
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

How long does it take to begin receiving compensation once claim has been decided?

Also, will VARO pay out on a partial grant of benefits or do they wait for entire claim to be decided before they release check(s)...expecting retro?

Thanks for your responses. Did search but could not find a specific answer to my

question(s).

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

One the decision is made you should get compensation within weeks of the decision date. Usually, if there is retro it will show up in your mailbox or bank account pretty quick after the official rating decision is made if you are getting an increase or original benefit. These things are always approximate, and there are always exceptions to the rule.

Check you account. With the new system, your check is in the bank sometimes before you get your rating decision. You will get in within 10 - 15 days regardless.

• HadIt.com Elder

"You will get in within 10 - 15 days regardless."

Really?

There are really alot of variables here. What region you are in, as some move via the system with speed, however the St Louis region moves at a snails pace. Also the amount you will bw receiving is a factor too. I have been told over 25k requires 2 signatures, and over 100k requires 3 signatures to sign off and validate the claim to be processed.

The VARO notifys your VSO, if you have one and they will notify you as to accept/deny the % granted(I guess if you don't have one they might call you instead??)

Anyway if you accept that % your VSO signs off to accept it for you as you have previously signed over your POA to them for claims purposes. Next the Decision Officer/Rater sends it to accounting to be processed where it comes into how much/how many signatures. They process it to the distribution center in Oklahoma who in turn decides how/when they will disperse the funds to your account..this is where it gets tricky too...your VARO might tell you 1,2,3,4 weeks or they are not sure...the dispersement center might say 1,2,3 weeks and yet it is not even entered into their system yet...so you wait and find out they said it has not been entered into the computer yet and they are unsure of the amount and you hang up and call your bank and they tell you you got a nice sized deposit yesterday from the us tres va dept....one hand does not know what the other is doing.

So you can get a partial as they approved that claim. Then again when another is approved too. Make sure you double check the amounts you receive at eack % for each year as the dependent eligibility changes with the granted %'s too. Also look at the ages of the children with the % too, as this too changes too, thereby giving you more for older children too.

The telephone centers are as bogus as the valet parkers. Do not rely on anything they tell you. Check the tables on the amounts you have received with the % tables for each year as COL raises occur each year too. Good luck with your claims and continue to utalize the advise you will receive from these other knowledgable vets on this site. We all learn from them and pass it on to others.

This is one site you will find a true brotherhood/sisterhood. :rolleyes:

How long does it take to begin receiving compensation once claim has been decided?

Also, will VARO pay out on a partial grant of benefits or do they wait for entire claim to be decided before they release check(s)...expecting retro?

Thanks for your responses. Did search but could not find a specific answer to my

question(s).

I have to weigh in here...

It first depends on whether or not it is pension or comp. Pension takes longer to hit. It's a different system.

Secondly, it depends on whether or not you have Direct Deposit or not. If you do it will go much faster. Otherwise it could take a bit longer.

If you have a VSO they MIGHT call you and let yoou know. That is a big MAYBE.

The next part is that the payment of funds doesn't go through Oklahoma, and no person (it's a computer) decides how and when your funds are dispersed... It goes through your RO. The award is decided, the VSO signs off, and then the award is promulgated (made official). Once it is promulgated it gets authorized and can take from 7 to 14 days (with Direct Deposit) to hit your account. Printing a check takes longer as the individual RO's do not do this from the best of my knowledge.

If you only have partial grant, and it isn't authorized yet... It might definately wait for the full decision. Yoou can, however, receive a partial on your decision. If you are not receiving money for dependents, then you should tell the VA that you have dependents. Fill out a 686c and mail it in as soon as possible.

We are converting to a newer system now... It is much faster and more up to date. VETSNET allows awards to be processed much quicker than they used to be. There are certain awards that are still on the old system, though (BDN). It is slower...seemingly much slower.

Hope that helps and congrats.

I had two vba appeals granted and one remanded on Jan 21 2009. I haven't heard a word yet other than the granted order from the bva. I have not received any back pay as of today mar. 8, 2009. Does the bva take longer than a regular claim to be progmented and payed out? My appeals have been going on since 5 years ago so I am checking my bank account every day.

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• Advertisemnt

• question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.

You can read the forums without registering.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines

<——>